#1 solent

solent

Little Megger

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo IV Ghia 2.0

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

Can someone help with the location of the pollen filter on my Mondeo IV Hatchback ? Instructions will be useful too. Many thanks

#2 12RM

12RM

Little Megger

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2.0 TDCI Titanium X

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

Been covered a few times already.
This is one thread. - http://www.talkford...._1#entry1417620

Let us know how you get on.
2009 2.0 TDCI 140 Titanium X
Hypnotic Silver

#3 solent

solent

Little Megger

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo IV Ghia 2.0

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

Been covered a few times already.
This is one thread. - http://www.talkford...._1#entry1417620

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks for your help. (I tried 'search' before but I was not getting accurate results.)

#4 astonvilla21

astonvilla21

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MondeoTitaniumX2.5T
  • Name:Andrew Scarrott

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

RHD Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2.5T - 55,656 miles - Jan 08 reg "57"

There has been some excellent advice on this subject. You all gave me the confidence to do the job which is quite time consuming for a replacement serviceable part- One hour for me. The key points i took from all of the post were:

It's a lot easier if you remove the glove box first giving much better access. There are 4 torx screws round the edge of the box and 2 10mm bolts in the 'roof' of the box. As you pull the box towards you unplug the various electrical connectors. You can now actually reach down through the hole and get at all the screws holding the pollen filter cover. Still a so and so to get at though

Started by removing glove box makes it very easy to see what you are doing then dropped fuse box down and unclipped off hinge then only removed large green clip and small black clip next to it fuse box then slides out of way enough. All 3 screws for pollen filter were still in place but i thought they were all reasonably easy to undo and filter slides out fairly easy.

I removed the two plugs on the right of the fuse box (one large clamp type plug and a smaller push fit plug), which allowed the fuse box to move out of the way. BTW, removing the right hand plugs has not required any key codes for the radio, so I presume this is only needed if all plugs are removed.

Remove the plastic trim from the centre consul in the passenger footwell. (1 plastic stud)
Remove the soundproofing covering the fuse box (2 yellow clipnuts)
Turn the retaining thumbscrew holding up the fuse box and drop down.
Remove the plugs from the outer of the fuse box (Big blue one,big brown one,big purple one,small black 2 wire one and one smaller wired black one)
Remove the fuse box completely.
Remove the 2 x 7mm Hex Head screws holding cover on.As pictured in thread above.
Slide old filter out,noting direction arrows printed on side.
Fit in reverse order.
Bit awkward to get to,but easily doable with basic skills.
20 mins tops.

The reason for changing this pollen filter is foul smelling odour from air con system.

On removal of the filter it was black and totally fouled up. Replacing it for £8.00 from Europarts has completely solved poor flow and odour issues.
In my mind you need to remove glove box, this is easy removal for 4 x torx screws (20) and two bolts at top of glove box half way in.
One point on the above the removal of the "large green clip and small black clip next to it" is absolutely essential to get the GEM (generic electronics module) to be removed out of the way prior to fitting the new pollen filter.These are to the far right connectors when looking at the GEM face on. Also the wiring loom to the two connectors are fixed in the centre of the GEM by a plastic lug. Simply by using a large flat blade screwdrive this can be levered off the GEM. I can also confirm that by removing, only these two connectors that there is no problem with the car requiring the car code for the vehicle. In other words, it fires up perfectly when refitting the connectors to the conncetor blocks.When the big green one is removed it knocks out the read out on the dash "Ford blue icon and mileage disappears".

On the replacement pollen filter- I suggest you write the mileage down on it in marker pen as well as the date it was changed so that if you get it replaced by a garage in future, you can request the old one. With your details written on the top edge so you are assured it has been changed.
Also Polish gentlemen on youtube shows the removal of glove box perfectly. However without its removal i believe it to be neigh on impossible to reach the three screws required to remove the pollen filter cover on RHD vehicles.
Conclusion: lousy design cannot believe the badly located pollen filter on the mark 4 mondeo. I also believe with many comments posted, that dealers will not replace the pollen filter- or if they do they'll charge two hours labour(as a default position). Potentially £8 parts + £160 labour crazy! at Ford main dealer.
tools needed large flat blade screw driver.
Small flat bladed screwdriver for console side panel.
Small handle ratchet for 7 and 10 mm socket.
torq screwdriver(rather than ratchet)

#5 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Tit X Sport 4

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Just done mines, followed steps above, fiddly and awkward more than difficult. DO NOT REMOVE THE GLOVEBOX! there really is no need.

Gratuitous dirty filter shot

Posted Image
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#6 4x416v

4x416v

Every angle has an apex!

• Forum Moderator
  • 7,605 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Topic moved :L
Mk1 Mondeo 2.0si 4x4
Mk3 Mondeo Final Facelift 2.0 Ghia X
My Mk1 4x4 diary:
http://www.talkford....80#entry1497480
What's next: Mk3 ST220 Final Facelift or Mk4 2.5T tit x

Talk to me about Winter / Summer tyres, wheels and chassis mods.

#7 jonyboyjonweechocbanana

jonyboyjonweechocbanana

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,261 posts
  • 38 thanks

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Done mine last week only took30m start to finish if you unplug the wiring on the right hand side of fuse box it then swivels out of way makes things easer there are 2 8mill head screws the cover comes of looks like its never been changed what a change in fan speed and car is steamy window free now by the way I bet you have a rattle dash trying to sort that out coming from stereo pannel and offside front door card getting worse and bloody anoying eny body got the same problems let me no my old 2006 focus was silent com pear to this come back old hoggy focus alls forgiven lol

This user has been banned.

#8 herrbohnen

herrbohnen

grumpy old git

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4.5 zetec estate

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

They were 3 screws holding the lid on my filter and I ended up breaking the tab off the lid that held the top screw as I didn't see it as it was so awkward to get at

#9 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Tit X Sport 4

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Mines only had 2 bolts but I'm not fussed, angry, its still shut.
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#10 herrbohnen

herrbohnen

grumpy old git

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4.5 zetec estate

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

POPULAR

You have to be like a gymnast to be able to lay in the foot well and reach up behind the dash, it took me a couple of days to get over it ;-)
  • Myfanwy Hertz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users