bandanaman

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus - Titanium
  • Name:Richard Knights

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

All,
I have a 2010 Focus (Titanium) with the comms package - my question is - "How do you update the sat nav chip" - problem is that I do not have the manual for the sat nav (just the chip) and do not know what model it is or anything!

As it is a memory chip I have to assume that it is placed in an adaptor and put in a computer and then a site updates it - if it asks for ID or serial numbers I have not a clue.

Interestingly 2 x Ford garages also do not have a clue iether.

Would appreciate any prompts (am going back to dealer who sold it to me to try and get the manual - do not hold your breath on this one!)

Interestingly WALES does not appear on the selected counties for registration to this site - obviously FORD does not sell cars in WALES!

Thanked by 1 Member:
gaz407

#2 Andrew Wootton

Andrew Wootton

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:focus zetec estate

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Bandanaman,

I have a 2010 Focus Zetec estate with the comms pack. The sat nav updates are done by purchasing the latest from Ford on cd. You will then need to place this in the sat nav unit and you will find a function to copy from satnav to sdcard. I have a copy of the manual if you would like it emailed.

Thanked by 1 Member:
bandanaman

#3 bandanaman

bandanaman

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • 9 thanks

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Bandanaman,

I have a 2010 Focus Zetec estate with the comms pack. The sat nav updates are done by purchasing the latest from Ford on cd. You will then need to place this in the sat nav unit and you will find a function to copy from satnav to sdcard. I have a copy of the manual if you would like it emailed.

Hi Andrew,

I would love a copy of the manual - all I managed to get from "Ford" was the email address for Blaupunkt (bluespot.co.uk/shop-online.aspx/navigation-software) £212
They came back and said "Talk to Ford" - totally annoyed by it all.
Found out that Ford do not give out manuals or discs - hence totally screwed - where do you buy the update CD from - no Ford dealers here know? - what does it cost?
I am grateful for your offer - will watch my inbox and await any more info if you have it.
Best regards - bandanaman

#4 bandanaman

bandanaman

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • 9 thanks

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

Bandanaman,

Hi Andrew,

I would love a copy of the manual - all I managed to get from "Ford" was the email address for Blaupunkt (bluespot.co.uk/shop-online.aspx/navigation-software) £212
They came back and said "Talk to Ford" - totally annoyed by it all.
Found out that Ford do not give out manuals or discs - hence totally screwed - where do you buy the update CD from - no Ford dealers here know? - what does it cost?
I am grateful for your offer - will watch my inbox and await any more info if you have it.
Best regards - bandanaman.knights@gmail.com

#5 baldyboy

baldyboy

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus Estate tdci

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

A huge huge thanks to Andrew Wooton and bandanaman!!

I recently bought a used Focus bereft of any manual for the built in Sat Nav, I sent a fair bit of time Googling for something that I thought would be easy to find....think again!

Thanks to these guys I managed to get the manual with a week of starting to look. Bandanaman replied to my email within hours with an attached pdf manual, thanks a million to him and Andrew Wooton for originally sharing it.

For any other poor souls out there looking, both Bandanaman and myself are more than willing to share.

bandanaman.knights@gmail.com

andydbarker5@gmail.com

#6 BigArt124

BigArt124

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Arthur Gunn

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

Many thanks Bandanaman for the e-mailed manual, this information is BRILLIANT. Just what we wanted. It's just a pity Ford don't include this with the Car Manual. I wonder why??

#7 BigArt124

BigArt124

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Arthur Gunn

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Many thanks Bandanaman for the e-mailed manual, this information is BRILLIANT. Just what we wanted. It's just a pity Ford don't include this with the Car Manual. I wonder why??

#8 baldyboy

baldyboy

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

Two requests for this manual in a week, so for those times when I am on holiday or away for a few days and can't email I have added the manual to my Dropbox.

Click this link to get the manual http://dl.dropbox.co...8en)05-2010.zip

If you like Dropbox (2GB of free on-line storage) join here and I get an extra 250mb of storage :) http://db.tt/bRtW5yy

baldyboy

Thanked by 2 Members:
hoopy_pete , kwyken

#9 JammyMac

JammyMac

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus Zetec
  • Name:Brian McLean

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

Many thanks to Bandanaman for supplying me with a copy of the manual. Finally got the Nav system working yesterday - the problem was, as I suspected, the dealer had provided me with the wrong SD card (yellow Western Europe 2011) but because I didn't have the manual I was worried it might be me! When I got back to the dealer they ordered the correct card from Ford and hey presto it works. The card I now have is blue and is described as Western Europe + Turkey 2010 8S7T 19H449DAB in case anyone else has the same problem. Incidentally the map files on the card are dated 2009 (but it came in a sealed Ford Blister pack so I'm assuming it's the latest for the unit installed). Obviously if you buy a 2011 Focus (albeit old model) you get 2009 maps that you then have to buy updates for!

Happy to share the manual if anyone wants to contact me on brianmclean59@tiscali.co.uk

#10 baldyboy

baldyboy

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Some people are having problems with the Dropbox link for some reason so I have dropped it in my server space http://www.hallamdoj...gation_2010.pdf

baldyboy

Two requests for this manual in a week, so for those times when I am on holiday or away for a few days and can't email I have added the manual to my Dropbox.

Click this link to get the manual http://dl.dropbox.co...8en)05-2010.zip

If you like Dropbox (2GB of free on-line storage) join here and I get an extra 250mb of storage :) http://db.tt/bRtW5yy

baldyboy

Thanked by 1 Member:
PALMERSBEER

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users