#1 slabsdidst

slabsdidst

Big Megger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2006 ST TDCI in PB

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Having a tad of bother with water coming into the passenger footwell and rear passenger side footwell. Not sure if it's coming in the passenger side and flooding to the back but boy is it wet! It's like a swimming pool back here.

Have changed the pollen filter to no avail, someone with a focus with similar problems suggested sealing up the scuttle panel that you remove to gain access to the pollen filter, might this do the trick?

I hear of course that it can be the sealant behind the door cards but this is unlikely because I don't think they have ever been removed (and I really couldn't be hassled removing the cards today lol)
2006 ST TDCI in performance blue. Full leather recaro seats, remap, GW decat, mirrors with courtesy lights, xenon 8000k HID, LED side lights, somehow - mint original ST alloys??

97' Honda CBR 600F for playing with!

Past mondeos: 2001 black mondeo ghia, 2.0 tddi with remap to 150bhp

#2 sfstu

sfstu

Megger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo est ghia x

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

Having a tad of bother with water coming into the passenger footwell and rear passenger side footwell. Not sure if it's coming in the passenger side and flooding to the back but boy is it wet! It's like a swimming pool back here.

Have changed the pollen filter to no avail, someone with a focus with similar problems suggested sealing up the scuttle panel that you remove to gain access to the pollen filter, might this do the trick?

I hear of course that it can be the sealant behind the door cards but this is unlikely because I don't think they have ever been removed (and I really couldn't be hassled removing the cards today lol)

if your sure its not from pollen filter then almost certainly door cards... :whistling:
before taking off door cards (not a difficult job) have a look at the door sill on pass side after its rained (or use a hose to simulate)...if theres water sitting on the sill then it'll be a tiny little hole in the sealant that holds the foam sound deadening to the door... water runs from sill into pass footwell and runs to the back(or maybe back is leaking too?). either way,you've probably had the leak for a while but it takes a little while for water to build up enough for you to notice...:smoking:
rgds stu
[color:blue]2004 2.0TDCI GHIA X ESTATE 130/6 SPEED... angel eyes,blackeyes plus blackeye fogs,wheels refurbed,led side repeaters,led interior lighting,rear footwell lights(led),windows tinted,rear wiper swapped,dmb gel badges[/color]

#3 listie

listie

Little Megger

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:ST TDCI

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

Just hadexactly the same, it was the door card water coming in from the speakers, the black sealant that hold the foam on the door is not around the bottom of the speakers and that is where the water comes in.

a pretty easy fix, took not more than half an hour ad that included makeing a cuppa!

#4 52graphite

52graphite

Defected to the posh side

• Members
  • 4,610 posts
  • 77 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MB E220 CDI estate
  • Name:Mark
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Mondeo (2002)
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

How to take the door cards off:

http://fordwiki.co.u...oor_Cards_-_Mk3

:L
my name is Mark.
2004 C-MAX Ghia 1.6 TDCi || 2006 Mercedes-Benz E220 CDI Avantgarde Estate
Gone but not forgotten: 2002 Mk3 1.8 Graphite in Magnum Grey on LPG ¦ Garage entry
Haynes manuals at Amazon: Mondeo Mk1 diesel ¦ Mk1/2 petrol ¦ Mk3 pre-face/facelift | C-MAX

#5 Dagenham Dustbin

Dagenham Dustbin

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo LX
  • Name:Gary

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

My 2004 1.8LX had the same soaking wet passenger side footwells, but just a little black cloth tape over the 3 small drain holes underneath the passenger side windscreen wiper sorted the leak immediately. As bodges go this one is both extremely cheap, easy, and very effective. I'll get round to sorting the problem properly one of these days.

In the meantime happiness is most definitely a Ford Mondeo with dry carpets.
2004 1.8LX in 'Machine Silver' metallic - unmodified.

#6 MR TitaniumX

MR TitaniumX

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2.2 tdci mondeo

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

Mine is leaking drivers side rear seats. Took door card off and water is enyering from the ribber door seal itself.

Could this be a new seal required?
Magnum Grey Titanium X 155 TDCI

ASBO Brake Conversion : GW Decat : Roverron Tuning Box: Forge Hoses : K&N Panel Filter :

Previous cars :
1.3 Nova, 1.2 205, 1.2 Fiat Punto Sporting16v, 406 coupe 3.0 V6, 1.8 Celica 190vvti, 2.2 Titanium X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users