9 replies to this topic

#1 pafcno1

pafcno1

Little Megger

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

hi all,hope you can help me please,i have a 2002 tcdi mondeo 130,the problem i have is it keeps cutting out on me while im driving,when its does it the heater plugs lights will flash,some times it will start right away and other times it wont at all,then u go 2 it the next day and its starts,i have had it tested and there is no fault code comeing up,but i have always took it there running,just wondering if maybe after i restart it each time if it is reseting the fault code,some advice would be very welcome thanks

#2 mikeshe

mikeshe

Big Megger

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:TDCI Estate

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

I had this problem with mine a couple of years ago. I changed the fuel filter and the camshaft sensor, never had a problem since.
"52 Reg" 2.0 TDCI Zetec Estate.
18" Zetec S 10 Spoke Alloys.
Auto Locking.
Facelift Rad Grille.
Footwell Lights.
Clear Side Repeaters.
Chrome Number Plate Surrounds.
Pioneer AVIC X1R SatNav/CD/DVD/Radio
Ghia X Centre Console and Dash
Blue LED Switches
Blue Door Handle Illumination

#3 percyt

percyt

Hampshire & Surrey Meets Organiser

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2002 Mk3 Mondeo TDCi
  • Name:Darren

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue with my 2002 TDCi 130.

Do you find it only does this in 3rd, 4th & 5th?

Sounds similar to THIS thread.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Darren

#4 mikeshe

mikeshe

Big Megger

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

It was mainly in 3rd, 4th and 5th, usually if I put my foot down hard. It eventually got to the stage where it would cut out at low speeds going round corners, roundabouts etc. Glowplug light would flash but no fault codes were registered.

Just to add, I changed the cam sensor first which seemed to cure the problem. I changed the fuel filter a couple of weeks later.
Auto Locking.
Facelift Rad Grille.
Footwell Lights.
Clear Side Repeaters.
Blue LED Switches

#5 salta

salta

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 5,245 posts
  • 344 thanks

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

It was mainly in 3rd, 4th and 5th, usually if I put my foot down hard. It eventually got to the stage where it would cut out at low speeds going round corners, roundabouts etc. Glowplug light would flash but no fault codes were registered.

Just to add, I changed the cam sensor first which seemed to cure the problem. I changed the fuel filter a couple of weeks later.

going round conners and on gear changes may suggeat some thing in the tank partially blocking fuel linse or air in the filter getting vaccumes in to the pump causing momentary failure ..this could be down to an air leak in the fuel lines .also change out the crank sensor on the gearbox bellhousing ..these are relatively cheap to replace and can make a difference ..unforutnatlry this problem can also be attributed to a faulty D.M.F dual mass flywheel problem so have the starter motor pulled and checked for metal fillings to see what conditiion the flywheel is in .s.

#6 mikeshe

mikeshe

Big Megger

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

going round conners and on gear changes may suggeat some thing in the tank partially blocking fuel linse or air in the filter getting vaccumes in to the pump causing momentary failure ..this could be down to an air leak in the fuel lines .also change out the crank sensor on the gearbox bellhousing ..these are relatively cheap to replace and can make a difference ..unforutnatlry this problem can also be attributed to a faulty D.M.F dual mass flywheel problem so have the starter motor pulled and checked for metal fillings to see what conditiion the flywheel is in .s.

Salta, READ what I posted. It was sod all to do with anything in the tank. The problem was sorted two years ago.
Auto Locking.
Facelift Rad Grille.
Footwell Lights.
Clear Side Repeaters.
Blue LED Switches

#7 rad121

rad121

Big Megger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi
I've got the same prob as you with my Mondeo, 3rd fourth and fifth usually on the motorway and the glowlights come on and limp mode. Usually about 2,500 rpm. If you got yours sorted I would love to hear the diagnosis mate. Cheers
Rob

#8 salta

salta

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 5,245 posts
  • 344 thanks

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

Salta, READ what I posted. It was sod all to do with anything in the tank. The problem was sorted two years ago.

sorry m8 inadvertadtly replyed to you .that was a mistake the post was intended for the person who posted the problem on the 23,,11 ,,this would have been fairly obvious i recon but there you go..

#9 mikeshe

mikeshe

Big Megger

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:18 AM

sorry m8 inadvertadtly replyed to you .that was a mistake the post was intended for the person who posted the problem on the 23,,11 ,,this would have been fairly obvious i recon but there you go..

No problem.
Auto Locking.
Facelift Rad Grille.
Footwell Lights.
Clear Side Repeaters.
Blue LED Switches

#10 pafcno1

pafcno1

Little Megger

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:08 AM

Hi
I've got the same prob as you with my Mondeo, 3rd fourth and fifth usually on the motorway and the glowlights come on and limp mode. Usually about 2,500 rpm. If you got yours sorted I would love to hear the diagnosis mate. Cheers
Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users