DjFox

Production sequence 3903

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK1
  • Name:Régis

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

When I fitted ABS/TCS and v6 discs conversion, I added a Valeo automatic lighting module (light/on&off)... I hadn't make a report because I was sceptic about the use. Well I drove with it for 4 months, and I can talk a bit more now.. (and answer your questions for those who wants fit it)
That mod is interesting, you don't need to switch on/off lights when driving at night. It decides too when it's time to switch ON lights. I know it's its first use... but it does the job well :)
Negatives points are :
- Each time you drive through a brigde it switches ON lights for 20 seconds... If your trip meets hundreds of bridges I let you imagine... well you don't really notice anything, but I still don't know what impact it will have on HID lights in long term run...
- Mondeos wiring (and most other cars) feeds 12v during engine start, so I still don't know what impact with varying tension (because of engine start and power asked) HID lights will react in long term run (lights stay ON (in garage, at night) while you're starting your car)

With this introduced, I can start the how to... if someone is interested by fitting it(maybe that report should finish in our WIKI, what moderators think ?). Electrical schemas supplied with the notice didn't satisfied me, so I decided to change on my own...
My ideas were :
- Get rid of fuse bridge made when lights were switched ON (!) with what they propose, and how mondeo is wired.. not good at all
- Keep control of my switch if I decide to turn it manualy, or if someone drive my car.. (mods must keep car easy to drive, don't you think ?)

Mondeo is so well designed (I always say, this car was in advance on its time ! and today it is not a has been car.. even if multiplex offers a lot) I found the solution with using the daytime running lamp wiring to make it works.
So with a traction control relay (blue color : this relay is reversed, that's why it's interesting) I disable automatic lights when I use my switch manualy.
Well, when automatic lights is in auto mode ? when my switch light is on 0 position (or on parking light, because of inner conception) ..and of course if the module is enabled by its own button (on the sensor)

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

Next is following...
MK1 GLX 1.8 16V Cayman Blue 93 with RS kit
Specs : All Ghia specs, Trip computer, AWS, Cruise control, Leather (BI-COLOR interior), Automatic Temperature Control, Adaptive Damping System, auto dimming mirror || GPS becker online pro, ALES module, Invisible Park Assist, Valeo automatic lights || Headlight leveling motors & CCFL & HID(6000k) || 21mm BAT ARB
Parts of élance pack : Floor mats, leather cd storage, leather ford user manual cover, rear wood door handles
2.0L specs : TB, ECU, cams, Intermediate, twin REMUS exhaust, cylinder oil jets, Low oil level sensor
Last mod => Valeo Automatic lights kit
Next mod => Power folding mirrors
Please keep MK1 & MK2 alive... so sad to see less and less on the road !

#2 DjFox

DjFox

Production sequence 3903

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

Ok, the schema was done, but before fitting it in my mondy, I wanted to be sure that my stuff was working... so I did a mock-up and I let it ON for a full day, and I tortured it :) <T> :gayfight:

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Next is following...
Specs : All Ghia specs, Trip computer, AWS, Cruise control, Leather (BI-COLOR interior), Automatic Temperature Control, Adaptive Damping System, auto dimming mirror || GPS becker online pro, ALES module, Invisible Park Assist, Valeo automatic lights || Headlight leveling motors & CCFL & HID(6000k) || 21mm BAT ARB
Parts of élance pack : Floor mats, leather cd storage, leather ford user manual cover, rear wood door handles
2.0L specs : TB, ECU, cams, Intermediate, twin REMUS exhaust, cylinder oil jets, Low oil level sensor

#3 DjFox

DjFox

Production sequence 3903

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

So tests were done, I could fit it in my car...

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

As you can see lights are ON without turning my light switch :L

IMG_2129.JPG

Hope you enjoyed ! :L

#4 sgking

sgking

ST200 Limited Ghia X

• Members
  • 6,200 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:car

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

wow thats crazy! :smoking:

you are a bit of a genius with the electricals arent you! :smoking:
Mondeo 2000 ST24

Mondeo ST200 Limited Edition no 181/300 'Ghia X'

#5 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,501 posts
  • 145 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 20.513

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

I ran my auto lights from a feed that was only live with the engine running because I wasn't happy having my HIDs fire up before/during starting.

#6 DjFox

DjFox

Production sequence 3903

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

Not really, I'm just following wires with my finger :) ....Neretva, who invents ALES module is genius with electricals :L

I ran my auto lights from a feed that was only live with the engine running because I wasn't happy having my HIDs fire up before/during starting.

What wire inform you that engine is running ? that could be really interesting !

#7 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,501 posts
  • 145 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo TXS
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG: 20.513

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Not really, I'm just following wires with my finger :) ....Neretva, who invents ALES module is genius with electricals :L

What wire inform you that engine is running ? that could be really interesting !

I ran a relay off the ignition feed but I think the trigger was from the highspeed engine fan,can't remember. It worked well. I'd start the car and around three seconds later the light would come on if it was dark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users