#1 terryuk22

terryuk22

Megger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

just had a dmf fitted and the biting point was 10cm off the carpet really really low almost all or nothing
now the gearbox is destroyed sort off.

both the front wheels are locked together and if you go round a corner makes one hell of a noise

as far as i know if the front wheels are off the ground they should turn independtently of each other.

this happend after 4 miles of dmf fitted

has anyone seen a exploded view of fitting ?

garage denies wrong fitting and says gearbox was no good, but been exellent last 70k

#2 markderby

markderby

Derby Meets Organiser

• Members
  • 3,829 posts
  • 57 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Modifide TDCI

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

if there saying gear box was faulty or no good .. then thay should have said when taking ot off ...

but to happen with in 4 miles or so ...

i would be taking it back and stand your ground thay have damaged it in some way

there is only one thing from the clutch that can be fitted the wrong way and thats the clutch Disc/pad its self

but to fit it the wrong way thay would need to be very stupid as it wont go back to gether right

Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X TDCI StarDust Silver Facelift Zetec-S/ST Body Kit My Car Pics
Methanol/Water Injection & Nitrous Oxcide Wheel Power 227bhp / 341lb-ft or 462NM Flywheel Power 266bhp / 388lb-ft or 526NM
Modifide injectors, Big Intercooler, Stainless Steel Decat & Exhaust System ,Forge Pipe Set R-Tech Tuning Custom Ice Install

#3 farnz

farnz

Megger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

Diff has locked, planetary gears are probably broken or damaged.
As they would have removed the driveshafts from the diff & removed the box it would seem very likely that they either caused the damage or their work disturbed a failing part. I would certainly be pointing the finger at them and the least they could do would be to offer free labour to fit a replacement gearbox.
2002 Mondeo Ghia X, rear lip spoiler, HID headlamp conversion, Hard wired Snooper, replacement inlet manifold!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users