#1 khod

khod

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hi this is my first post,

I bought my Mondeo MK3 Zetec facelift last December 2010 and have been finding my way around the car (had a Ford Focus) tinkering etc.

Last week bought a set of leather seats on ebay for £100 which came out of a Mondeo MK3 Ghia X 2001. Before I bought the seats I knew there were some differences between pre/post facelift, which I thought were mainly cosmetic.

First I installed the driver seat, disconnected the battery for a minutes before removing the old one and then reconnecting after I put the new seat in. Started up the car and the everything seemed fine. The adjustable seat was working great, then I noticed the seat belt warning sound wasn't coming on and that the airbag light was flashing.

It was getting late so I repeated the process with the passenger seat. I then came on to this website and found out that the wiring for the electrics under the seat are different for the pre/post facelift.

From reading through the forums I know if there is one person who can help me it will be compuwiz_uk or anyone one else who has been in my situation, Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 delduque

delduque

Little Megger

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 TDCI 54

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hi this is my first post,

I bought my Mondeo MK3 Zetec facelift last December 2010 and have been finding my way around the car (had a Ford Focus) tinkering etc.

Last week bought a set of leather seats on ebay for £100 which came out of a Mondeo MK3 Ghia X 2001. Before I bought the seats I knew there were some differences between pre/post facelift, which I thought were mainly cosmetic.

First I installed the driver seat, disconnected the battery for a minutes before removing the old one and then reconnecting after I put the new seat in. Started up the car and the everything seemed fine. The adjustable seat was working great, then I noticed the seat belt warning sound wasn't coming on and that the airbag light was flashing.

It was getting late so I repeated the process with the passenger seat. I then came on to this website and found out that the wiring for the electrics under the seat are different for the pre/post facelift.

From reading through the forums I know if there is one person who can help me it will be compuwiz_uk or anyone one else who has been in my situation, Thanks in advance for the help.

I understand that the seatbelt pretensioners are wired different on early/late Mondeos try putting your old pretentioner on the new seat. worth a try anyway.

#3 BeOneOptica

BeOneOptica

Little Megger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:54 Plate 2.0 TDCi

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to TalkFord :L

Yep there's two plugs on the facelift pre tensioner....an orange and a brown. You'll need to swap pre tensioner as there's only an orange on the pre facelift one.
I don't have a signature.....

but I do have a Garage! ;o)

#4 BeOneOptica

BeOneOptica

Little Megger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:54 Plate 2.0 TDCi

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

Welcome to TalkFord :L

Yep there's two plugs on the facelift pre tensioner....an orange and a brown. You'll need to swap pre tensioner as there's only an orange on the pre facelift one.

Actually mate I'm talking mince! Ignore the above post from me. Sorry.

I would still change the pre tensioner as you don't know what the last one has gone through but there's two plugs on both. :)
I don't have a signature.....

but I do have a Garage! ;o)

#5 bigcraigy

bigcraigy

Megger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 Mondeo

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Is there not a sensor in the seat to for the airbags?. If this is broken in the new seats this could be the problem. Also count the flash sequence of the airbag light that should give you an idea where to start.
2002 Mk3 Mondeo 2.0 LX petrol......17" KEI Force 10 alloys......Dropped 40mm on Eibach Springs.......Black Eyes.....Chromiumtech CCFL Angel Eyes......Crystal Side Repeaters.

#6 khod

khod

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

Thank you for all your comments, sorry I haven't responded sooner, I have been a bit poorly.

Anyway, back to the seats I did change over the pre tensioners from my old front seats and put them on the new (pre face lift seats).

I should also mention that I have tried different combinations shown below:

Passenger Driver

Existing (post face lift) New (pre face lift)

New (pre face lift) Existing (post face lift)

Note which ever seats where in the car had the existing pre tensioners installed.

I thought that might help me to isolate if just one seat had a problem, as of yet the same result. I will note the sequence of the flashing air bag light and post that up tomorrow. I am wondering if the wiring is different or if the pins on each plug are in a different order.

Thank you again to everyone for your input. If anyone knows how to contact compuwiz_uk or can tell me how I can contact him please let me know, as I am sure he would be able to share some insight on the matter.

#7 Taire2009

Taire2009

Big T

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Zetec S TDCI
  • Name:Taire

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

Hi Klod,
Just send him a PM (private message) that is compuwiz_uk. And sure he will be able to help you.
2003 Zetec S Tdci 6-speed 130bhp in Machine Silver.
Bought Nov 09 with 147k,{Tin of BG244 added Apr 2011} {Tin of BG244 added jan 2012] Serviced 10/1/12. Now showing 184k.

Mods so far: Tinted windows, GW Decat, PF Puddle Mirrors, Bootlip, Final facelight rear light, CCFL Black Angel eye headlight by Chromiumtech, Red illumination Interior door handles, Simple iPod Charging Kit, chrome grille,rear footwell lights, submarine lighting(red), Interior & Exterior Leds, Stock alloys refurbed in black sparkle, heated/cooled leather interiors, hid 6000k headlight, Eibach Pro lowering Kit, Poly Bushes, Focus MK 4 heated front jet washers. 4" MIJ Performance Stainless Steel twin exist exhaust

To do: Install DVD in headrest, Bigger intercooler (maybe). My Former MEG Garage

#8 khod

khod

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

The the air bag light flashes 4 and then 9 times. So the error code is 49. But I don't know what that means or what might be casuing it. Sorry I have left this for so long but my laptop died and I just bought a new one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users