Ross_130

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if any one has done this:

http://fordwiki.co.u...ocking_On_A_Mk3

And is it a safe option? If not how easy/hard is it to blank the EGR?

My mondeo is a 54 plate euro 3 i think :-/

Thanks.
MK3 Mondeo TDCI GHIA
EcoBox Tuning Box
18'' Zetec-S alloys

#2 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,014 posts
  • 388 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo tddi

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

that link is for a rear egr so different to yours but you could do that on yours. is there an electrical connector on your egr? if not you can do that or just remove the vac pipe.

if you dont know where your egr is look in the guide to tdci sticky theres a picture with labels
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#3 the big yin

the big yin

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TDCI Zetec

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

Is it safe to do if there is an electrical connector on top (remove vac pipe)

#4 capri_rob

capri_rob

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:03 Mondeo Zetec TDCi

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

Is it safe to do if there is an electrical connector on top (remove vac pipe)

If its got the electrical connector blocking the EGR will put the warning light on.

#5 salta

salta

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 5,449 posts
  • 361 thanks

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

Hi All,

Thanks.

Hi Ross ..you should first study exactly what the EGR valve does in you motor ..I t recycles the hot exhaust gas back to the inlet manifold ..which cause more nox. and reduces the temp or the explosion in the cylinder when it fires this cause a lower emission and reduces soot being expelled int the cath.converter and makes for cleaner emissions.......blankinig the egr has the effect of making the motor constantly use fresh oxygen and reduces the possibility of a faulty EGR .causing the engine to use more fuel and run inefficiently .Im not a proponent of the practise but plenty of guys on here swear by the practise for more economy and power .....But using a ball-bearing is in my opinion not the way to go .firstly the ball-bearing may not block the vacume as its quite hefty vacume ..and secondly when a ball-bearing is inserted there is no way unless you have xray vision of knowing that the valve is in the closed position .and wil stay like that ..as is the point of blocking the valve ..ther are cheap plates one can purchase on the internet which actually block the pipe at the join wherer it connects to the metal pipe going to the inlet and this is probably the best way the plate is slotted so all thats necessary it to loosen the two 8 bolts and slide the plate into postion thus blocking the pipe form the egr permanently and definitely ..the downside of doing this is a an engine warning light may be shown which can either be lived with of constantly erased using some software like Fsuper ..s

#6 salta

salta

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 5,449 posts
  • 361 thanks

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Hi All,

Thanks.

Hi Ross ..you should first study exactly what the EGR valve does in you motor ..I t recycles the hot exhaust gas back to the inlet manifold ..which cause more nox. and reduces the temp or the explosion in the cylinder when it fires this cause a lower emission and reduces soot being expelled int the cath.converter and makes for cleaner emissions.......blankinig the egr has the effect of making the motor constantly use fresh oxygen and reduces the possibility of a faulty EGR .causing the engine to use more fuel and run inefficiently .Im not a proponent of the practise but plenty of guys on here swear by the practise for more economy and power .....But using a ball-bearing is in my opinion not the way to go .firstly the ball-bearing may not block the vacume as its quite hefty vacume ..and secondly when a ball-bearing is inserted there is no way unless you have xray vision of knowing that the valve is in the closed position .and wil stay like that ..as is the point of blocking the valve ..ther are cheap plates one can purchase on the internet which actually block the pipe at the join wherer it connects to the metal pipe going to the inlet and this is probably the best way the plate is slotted so all thats necessary it to loosen the two 8 bolts and slide the plate into postion thus blocking the pipe form the egr permanently and definitely ..the downside of doing this is a an engine warning light may be shown which can either be lived with of constantly erased using some software like Fsuper ..s

#7 Ross_130

Ross_130

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hi All,

Thanks.

I found out my car is a euro 4 with the electronic plug thats plugs beside the EGR.
I unplugged and what a difference! no engine management light came on i took it for a 30 min drive was fine ! seems allot better i must say!
MK3 Mondeo TDCI GHIA
EcoBox Tuning Box
18'' Zetec-S alloys

#8 SRH990

SRH990

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
  • 32 thanks

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hi All,

Thanks.

I found out my car is a euro 4 with the electronic plug thats plugs beside the EGR.
I unplugged and what a difference! no engine management light came on i took it for a 30 min drive was fine ! seems allot better i must say!

The EML light will come on in a couple of days at most in my experience.
Steve H

'06 Zetec TDCi 130 Euro IV, '04 TDCi 130 Euro IV

#9 Ross_130

Ross_130

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hi All,

Thanks.

The EML light will come on in a couple of days at most in my experience.

Yeah the light came on when i was driving to the shop earlier :( .. but car feels better. Gunna clean the EGR this weekemd to see how dirty it is.
MK3 Mondeo TDCI GHIA
EcoBox Tuning Box
18'' Zetec-S alloys

#10 danwfastford

danwfastford

Big Megger

• Members
  • 2,171 posts
  • 58 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2.0 TDCi TiTX Estate

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

.blankinig the egr has the effect of making the motor constantly use fresh oxygen and reduces the possibility of a faulty EGR .causing the engine to use more fuel and run inefficiently .Im not a proponent of the practise

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this - It appears that you're suggesting that the EGR makes the car more fuel efficient? If that's the case, then that's not true. The EGR actually makes the engine LESS efficient, as it lowers temperature of the combustion process.

It you want clarification of what an EGR actually does, go here and scroll down to the bottom, where you'll find an informative article on Exhaust Gas Recirculation valves.
www.fastfordmag.co.uk

Try it, you might like it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users