Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Ghia X
  • Name:Garry Selman

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hi guys :)

I left an interior light on inside my V reg Ford Mondeo Ghia X for a week while not using the car, and when I went to start it, the battery didn't have enough power to turn the engine over fast enough, and after a few attempts, finally died.
I got the car jump started, but while on my journey, I noticed my multi-changer CD player wouldn't work as it had on the previous journey.
After running through all the 6 discs contained in the cartridge, it popped up with ERROR 2 on the display.
I've completely disconnected the battery in an attempt to maybe re-set things, and done some basic investigation, like checking wiring and plugs are in place etc, but I was told not to try a regular CD lens cleaning disc, as they can get caught in the mechanism easily, and as it's buried under the passenger seat, I thought it best to get some advise on other possible causes before attempting to remove it and clean the laser manually.

As the radio works fine, I've kinda forgotten about it for a while, until my parents Astra got a totally flat battery.
This time I took the battery right off their car and charged it over 24 hours in the shed.
When I put it back on their Astra, I had to re-code the radio, but then found I had to re-code their multi-changer CD player too with it's own separate code.
Has something similar happened to my Ford CD player when the battery got so drained trying to start it? Maybe cutting the link between the changer and the head unit?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thankyou, Garry :)

#2 merlin50

merlin50

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mk2 mondeo ghia x

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

when i've disconnected my battery in the past i've reset the radio code and the cd changer has automatically reset
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.The crap left over goes into politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users