jaysback

MK1 & MK3 Megger

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2010Smax titX sport

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item4cf7d334e6
Price is obsurd but the car is just lovely.
Stunning bit of kit.

2010 S-Max Titanium X Sport 2.0 (203PS) ecoboost. Mods so far :- some bulbs, some LED's and a fair bit of Megiuars / 3M / BiltHamber & CarPro polishing.

1996 Mondeo saloon 4x4 si, auralis (II) blue, Koni top adjustable shock, custom Graham Goode lowering springs 40mm F 20mm R, Poly roll bar bar and drop links, diesel clutch,16" 5 spoke alloys, Morimoto H1 mini projector with 50W 6000k HID converted headlights, racebits induction kit, needs a respray. Fast Ford featured July 98.
Diary here http://www.talkford....-mondeo-4x4-si/
2002 Mondeo mk3 2.0 tdci ghia x, panther black, factory xenon's, a few led's, 18" Team Dynamics Jet alloys & polly subframe.

#2 Dave6656

Dave6656

Resident Old Fart !

• Members
  • 7,069 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:14 Focus ZS MP200

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Where does it say "Turbo" ? the original Hendy wasnt turbo charged and had different cams i believe and kicked out about 150BHP so where he gets 200+ is anyones guess and maybe he is a bit of a dreamer lol

Edit ..just seen the "turbo" bit written in small letter on the title but nothing in the write up about it :( so maybe it is around 200bhp ... Just seems strange he hasnt commented on it in the full details .. Ohh well ;)

Owned this car since 2005 .. shows i must like something about it lol ... *NEW CAR ARRIVING MID MAY 2014*
98R "State Blue" 2litre Ghia X NOW SOLD !!

NEW CAR ..... 2014 (14) Ford Focus Zetec S 182 with added Mountune MP200 kit and frozen white with privacy glass
If you dont like me then fine ... ask me if i care though, and you might be disapointed when i say "I dont give a damn" !!!

#3 KAZUYADOG

KAZUYADOG

I'm Bang Tidy

• Members
  • 8,928 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MONDEO 2.5T TIT X
  • Name:Mick

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

I can see a BOV.

MY ST220 ON THE DYNO AT DREAMSCIENCE DREAMSCIENCE DYNO WITH POWER OUPUT

2006 Final Facelift ST220 in Stardust Silver - Owner is a Fan Boy.
Now with its very first MOT.Second MOT passed today 6-July-2010.
19" Arden Sportline Alloys (German Jaguar) - 20" MS Design Alloys (For Shows)
This BOY - Is pure Chaka Chaka and Bang Tidy.
Dreamscience 251 bhp 215 lbf.ft - Bluefin Stg Two 241 bhp 211 lbf.ft

#4 jaysback

jaysback

MK1 & MK3 Megger

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

I just saw the pics under the bonnet, bit of a crud ad for such a nice bit of kit.

2010 S-Max Titanium X Sport 2.0 (203PS) ecoboost. Mods so far :- some bulbs, some LED's and a fair bit of Megiuars / 3M / BiltHamber & CarPro polishing.

1996 Mondeo saloon 4x4 si, auralis (II) blue, Koni top adjustable shock, custom Graham Goode lowering springs 40mm F 20mm R, Poly roll bar bar and drop links, diesel clutch,16" 5 spoke alloys, Morimoto H1 mini projector with 50W 6000k HID converted headlights, racebits induction kit, needs a respray. Fast Ford featured July 98.
2002 Mondeo mk3 2.0 tdci ghia x, panther black, factory xenon's, a few led's, 18" Team Dynamics Jet alloys & polly subframe.

#5 Dave6656

Dave6656

Resident Old Fart !

• Members
  • 7,069 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

I just saw the pics under the bonnet, bit of a crud ad for such a nice bit of kit.

I agree but nearly £4k for an 18yo mondeo is pushing it a bit i think .. its not like there was anything really special about them except maybe the colour and thats an acquired taste anyway lol

Owned this car since 2005 .. shows i must like something about it lol ... *NEW CAR ARRIVING MID MAY 2014*

NEW CAR ..... 2014 (14) Ford Focus Zetec S 182 with added Mountune MP200 kit and frozen white with privacy glass
If you dont like me then fine ... ask me if i care though, and you might be disapointed when i say "I dont give a damn" !!!

#6 jaysback

jaysback

MK1 & MK3 Megger

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

Yep.
Well overpriced.
If I had lots of money to throw away though.

#7 Hendy

Hendy

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

Yes it is a Hendy, But lets break the advert down a little

once in a lifetime opportunity to own one of only 10 ever made this is a very rare limited edition HENDY FORD RSi your reading it right this is a very very rare beast.....

Correct it is rare of sorts IF it was standard

Posted Image

Hendy ford only ever made 5 saloons and 5 hatchbacks i dont even know if there is any more even left, yes you see the odd citrine yellow mondeo floating about but not one of these :)

There are others left, I know of 2 for certain ( and one I dismantled LOL )

They were availible only from hendy ford dealerships and came with the standard si equipment except for active damping suspension, racing decals and came with 16'' diamond cut wheels,lowereed suspension, abs has standard bumping the list price of around £16,000 to £17,250 on the road :).....

They were only available from Hendy Ford in Winchester, with Eibach sports springs ( made to Ford Specifications and stamped Ford ) Adaptive Damping and traction control and 16" diamond cuts NOT the 17" ones he has listed it with.

I have the original advert print from a 1993 what car mag for those doubters out there who think they dont exist.

Doubters !!! I doubt it.

I have £10k+ worth of receipts and has only ever been 2 owners from new 1st owner was the ford company who had the car about 2 days, 2nd owner was mr brian pope and im the 3rd owner i have had the car around 7 years and has been pampered like a baby, the last few years i have not used it much and last year it only went to the mot station and back and 1 show so none use forces sale, regrettably :(.

Brian pope did own the car

The car is no means standard:
It comes with the usual extras plus full leather interior electric inc door cards out of a mk2 the whole interior is immaculate i sourced them from a 14,000 mile mondeo so there mint..

So basically what he is saying is its a Hendy but its not anymore :tonofbricks: by a long shot and as such is never worth nearly 4 grand

The Turbo conversion was done by Brian Pope and not Hendy Ford

Might even be better off buying his other car listed !!!

E bay listing

#8 Bin_Man

Bin_Man

Resident buffoon

• Forum Moderator
  • 4,192 posts
  • 42 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MK2 Mondeo

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

Its a completely crap ad, for a car that deserves better. The only mention of the word "turbo" is in the second line of the description where is states "17'' diamond 7 spokes, leather, turbo, full Chrome rare".

The Hendy's were basically a standard car with graphics and lowering springs, active damping and the TC. IIRC the cam upgrade to bring it to 150bhp was an optional extra and not all of the ones bought had it it fitted. The active damping can be a right pain as getting spares is almost impossible.

As Hendy said, the car is no longer original and so looses appeal as a collectors item. It isn't really a Hendy any more and (IMHO) commands no premium price as a result. Having said that it does look to have been well cared for and well modded. The value lies in the turbo conversion and any other upgrades that have been fitted, not in the fact that it used to be a special edition.

Its a nice car and the ad completely fails to do it justice.
Bin_Man contains strong language and scenes of a sexual nature

The nice thing about Marmite, the really GREAT thing about it, is that if it gets stuck in customs for four years, goes well past it's use-by date, becomes rancid and the bacteria develop to a point where a system of local government is in place, they have free housing for bacteria with families, all the little bacteria go to school and the more inquisitive bacteria have invented both the digital watch and Corby trouser press - it will STILL taste absolutely FOUL !!!!

#9 jaysback

jaysback

MK1 & MK3 Megger

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

How much is it realy worth then guys?
£1500 - 2k very tops.
P.S. I won't be buying it.

#10 Dave6656

Dave6656

Resident Old Fart !

• Members
  • 7,069 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

He must have listened to us on here because he has reduced the starting price now ........................................ £3,850 :} and a lot better write up with regard to spec etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users