#1 Robbo Cop

Robbo Cop

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:TDI

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi all,

New to this forum, so hello to all of you..!

What advice would you give to a potential Mondeo buyer? I'm looking for a 2007/2008 2.0 TDCI with around the 70K miles on it. What should I look out for (apart from full history etc). I've read some issues with injectors and flywheel's etc. I'd like to think I'm a reasonably well informed, but I do need a little guidance on this. Apologies as I'm sure this may have been covered before, but the latest info is always a great help.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

#2 Dave6656

Dave6656

Resident Old Fart !

• Members
  • 7,069 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:14 Focus ZS MP200

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

Might help you a bit more if this was in the correct forum .. you are in the Mk3 not the Mk4 forum at the moment .. hopefully a mod will move it for you :) by the way welcome to the site ;)

Owned this car since 2005 .. shows i must like something about it lol ... *NEW CAR ARRIVING MID MAY 2014*
98R "State Blue" 2litre Ghia X NOW SOLD !!

NEW CAR ..... 2014 (14) Ford Focus Zetec S 182 with added Mountune MP200 kit and frozen white with privacy glass
If you dont like me then fine ... ask me if i care though, and you might be disapointed when i say "I dont give a damn" !!!

#3 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,357 posts
  • 159 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Tit X Sport 4

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

Might help you a bit more if this was in the correct forum .. you are in the Mk3 not the Mk4 forum at the moment .. hopefully a mod will move it for you :) by the way welcome to the site ;)

or you could report the post and a mod will move it, reporting is not all about inappropriate content etc.
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#4 4x416v

4x416v

Every angle has an apex!

• Forum Moderator
  • 7,605 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

he has already done that and I have already moved it. :L
Mk1 Mondeo 2.0si 4x4
Mk3 Mondeo Final Facelift 2.0 Ghia X
My Mk1 4x4 diary:
http://www.talkford....80#entry1497480
What's next: Mk3 ST220 Final Facelift or Mk4 2.5T tit x

Talk to me about Winter / Summer tyres, wheels and chassis mods.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Dave6656

#5 Dave6656

Dave6656

Resident Old Fart !

• Members
  • 7,069 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:14 Focus ZS MP200

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

or you could report the post and a mod will move it, reporting is not all about inappropriate content etc.

already been moved, as its here now :}

Owned this car since 2005 .. shows i must like something about it lol ... *NEW CAR ARRIVING MID MAY 2014*
98R "State Blue" 2litre Ghia X NOW SOLD !!

NEW CAR ..... 2014 (14) Ford Focus Zetec S 182 with added Mountune MP200 kit and frozen white with privacy glass
If you dont like me then fine ... ask me if i care though, and you might be disapointed when i say "I dont give a damn" !!!

#6 Robbo Cop

Robbo Cop

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Apologies lads for the mis-post in the MK 3 forum, newbie error...!!

Anyway, if there's anyone who is running a MK4 with bigger milage (2.0 TDCI) I'd love to hear you're thoughts on what to look for and weak points on these (DPF, Injectors, flywheels etc). I'm a high milage driver myself so hopefully the DPF issue won't be a problem for me. Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

#7 Devilchef1981

Devilchef1981

^^Official Dumbass^^

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

I'm currently looking at the same Mondy, owned a modded mk3 Ghia for a few years now and now on the hunt for the 1.8/2.0 diesel mk4 titanium model. Although my price range takes me around the 100k miles mark.

This is the one I have earmarked at the moment - HERE

Would be great to hear what people have to say

(Apologies for hijacking your post Robbo) :whistling:
Devilchef :evil: :stir:
Current Cars- 2004 Ford Mondeo 2.0 GHIA TDCI 130BHP 18" Zetec S Alloy Wheels, Custom Silver Dash & Black Eyes (so far)
2001 Peugeot 806 - SOLD!

Once a Mondeo owner, always a Mondeo owner...

#8 Robbo Cop

Robbo Cop

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

No worries mate, here's hoping someone will be back soon with the info...!

Cheers,

Rob

#9 Alex Heney

Alex Heney

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Edge Estate
  • Name:Alex Heney

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hi all,

New to this forum, so hello to all of you..!

What advice would you give to a potential Mondeo buyer? I'm looking for a 2007/2008 2.0 TDCI with around the 70K miles on it. What should I look out for (apart from full history etc). I've read some issues with injectors and flywheel's etc. I'd like to think I'm a reasonably well informed, but I do need a little guidance on this. Apologies as I'm sure this may have been covered before, but the latest info is always a great help.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Well I have a 2007 2.0TDCI estate, which I bought in April with 92K on the clock.

Done 10K miles in it since then (my daily commute is 75 miles each way), without any sign of a problem.

It's going for a service on Tuesday (and MOT), so I'll let you know if there are any nasty surpises.
Mondeo Mk IV Edge Estate 2.0TDCi 140
Silver-grey, no modifications
Registered August 2007, bought 2nd hand April 2011 with 92K on the clock

#10 Robbo Cop

Robbo Cop

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Hi Alex,

Thats great to hear. I'm in a very similar position (average 1,000 miles a week). I hope you're service and MOT go without any problems, but do post any nasties..!!

Best of luck and many thanks,

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users