lynn89

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:streetka
  • Name:lynn

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

I recently bought an 03 streetka. I have to manually open the boot from inside the car which is really inconvenient. When the boot is open and I press the boot button on the key fob I can hear it attempting to do something as it makes a noise but the lock doesn't move. I hav found that its quite a common problem through searching the web but cannot find a soution. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Thankyou

#2 GingerTom

GingerTom

AWOL

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 1,859 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Catmobile

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

OK first thing you need to check is that the hood stowage panel between the boot and roof is closed properly. Even if it looks closed it might not be.

As a safety precaution the key won't open the boot if it senses the panel isn't shut properly because of fear of collision between the two.

So close the boot and release the roof stowage panel using the button behind the drivers seat then make sure the panel is closed down properly both sides (best to use one person either side and close it together) and try the boot remote again.

If it still doesn't work then the boot release solenoid needs replacing. Quite common it seems but not happened to ours yet thankfully.

#3 DavidMartin

DavidMartin

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2003 StreetKa Luxury
  • Name:David Holder

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

I don't know if you are still having this problem, but if you are, I have the boot solenoid/locking mechanism for sale.
It is in full working order, came from my 2003 StreetKa
2003 Ford Streetka Luxury.
BREAKING.
All parts available.
PM or 07973786632 for info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users