2 replies to this topic

#1 coolspot

coolspot

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2003 2.0 tdci 115

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

my rear doors will not open from the inside, im guessing its a child lock of some sort. (ive only ever owned coupes!) how do i turn this off?
Cars: 2003 Mondeo 2.0 LX TDCI 115 , 1994 Vauxhall Corsa and 1998 BMW 325i Coupe - Free Speed Test

#2 Adamw5433

Adamw5433

Learning the way of the TDDi

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 TDDi
  • Name:Adam

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:10 AM

Open the rear doors, crouch / kneel down so you can see the locking mechanism in the door (not the catch on the rear arch).
Sitting inside of the locking mechanism, but attached to the door should be a small round (normaly grey metal) switch with a rectanglular depression / cut out.
Place your key or screw driver in the switch and rotate (forget which way) until it clicks ONCE.

This SHOULD turn the child locks off.
Do it for both sides.
If it doesn't work, i'd assume the mechanism is broken.

Adam.

Mk3 Mondeo Duratorq 2.0L TDDI ( 02 ) Metropolis Blue, 5 Door hatch, 5 speed manual.
Aftermarket 5 spoke alloys, Transit wheel nuts?? (yes transit van wheel nuts)
Back on standard 16 inch, 10 spoke alloys for winter. 20 brand new gen Ford wheel nuts.

#3 compuwiz_uk

compuwiz_uk

Super Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 18,595 posts
  • 326 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2001 1.8 Mk3 Mondeo

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

as above, open the rear doors & look inside the catch mechanism ( where the catch on the car locks into the mech in the door ) & you will see a white ( i think - it is on mine anyway ) circle with a slot in it

stick ur car key into said slot & turn till it clicks ( as above no idea which way is which as i have only used mine for the 1st time ever yesterday :} so just turned it the way it would move & then again to remove it laters :} ) & then test to see if its operational now

( may be best to have an assistant help or to wind the rear window down so you can test it yourself ( either through the window to open the door or so you can reach the outside handle if you test the door from sat inside the car )

Too many mods to list in here but they can be seen here

Most Common MK3 Question / Problems have solutions listed in the WIKI - Click Here

Ford Etis Vehicle Information - Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users