Ford Automobiles Forum banner

removal dash to get radio code?

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  geezer466 
#1 ·
i tock my mondeo mk 4 titanuim to ford today to get my radio code and they said that they would need to take the dash out to get the radio to get the code???is this correct and if yes,how easy to take it out???

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
cant see the dash needing to come out to get the radio code...

does it have 4 little slits, 1 in each corner on it? like in this pic (even though this unit is probably not the same as fitted in your car) above the CD and AM/FM and below the FADE/BAL, and PTY buttons. if so, it should be able to remove it with the 4 keys (available off ebay) in the other pic.

Keys: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CMAX-SMAX-CD-RADIO-STEREO-REMOVAL-KEY-PC5-132-X4-/260785793197?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item3cb80b68ad#ht_720wt_750

Attachments

#4 ·
I'm surprised that they couldnt check on the system for the origianal radio code, if the radio is original that is.
[/quote]

yeah, but that'd only set you back £20 ish. dash out... i bet over a £ton

#5 ·
they said its 65 a hours labour p[lus the vat and radio code,,,they said thats the only way they can do it,

#6 ·
i reckon i can smell something coming from your fraud dealer... bs.

#7 ·
normally my local ford dealer is good

#8 ·
I'm surprised that they couldnt check on the system for the origianal radio code, if the radio is original that is.
[/quote]

yeah, but that'd only set you back £20 ish. dash out... i bet over a £ton
[/quote]

Indeed Pete. I would have thought there would be a full log of the history of the car including te radio serial number and code of the original radio.

#9 ·
they did not look,they said just said i would have to take the dash apart,,,does anybody know how easy it is to do???/

#10 ·
you not got the key holes then?

#11 ·
no mate,it looks like its built into the dash,,,just my luck lol

#12 ·
if could see one out, you may be able to locate the sticker without removing it... alternatively, you could try another frauds dealer... they might go down the info route...

#15 ·
I wasnt thinking of the keycode though why not, more like serial number of radio maybe or at least then the dealer that sold it. After all, the service history etc is centralized.

Maybe it is easier for the dealer to remove the radio than try and contact the original dealer.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Artilleryman is correct the original seller has the keycode on file.
Any other dealer can obtain the keycode via etis/wds
A phone call to your dealer with your reg or vin is all you should need to do to obtain the code free of charge (you may be asked to prove ownership).
If the radio has been changed since build then the serial number of the radio will be needed.
As a last resort, there are ebay sellers that can get the code from your serial (for a small fee).
Only the fascia trim needs to be removed to get the radio out not the whole dash.
Look in the Ford Wiki to find out how to remove yours.

#17 ·
Stop everything, you do not need to remove your unit at all,hold i buttons 1 and 6 together which will enter into the engineers menu,let it scroll through this and you should get to your unit serial number ie V****** Go on ebay and search for item number 200637112955. This fella will get you your code. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.