#1 ninesheds

ninesheds

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hi All,I have a Mondeo 2002 TDCI my rear wiper has stopped working,where do i start? do i replace the rear wiper relay first?would it be the motor and where is it?also there isnt any water coming through when i press the wash button as well but i can hear the pump?going ,the front wipers and washers work perfectly well.
i would be grateful for any help.

#2 siruncle

siruncle

missing the "view new content" button

• Regional Moderator
  • 16,188 posts
  • 990 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0 ghia mk2
  • Name:Pete

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

wiper motor is inside the tailgate behind the big plastic trim, before taking all the screws out check the fuses and relays, (click fordwiki at the top then choose mondeo, mk3 for fuse and relay info)

as for the rear washer, it could be the pump pump filter is full of crud, if they're anything like other ford ones they just pull out the washer reservoir, you may need to remove some underbody/wheelarch trim to access them, in the bottom of the washer tank.

From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/
2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now needing a pair of front jacking point covers... msg me

Ever noticed that putting "anal" in front of some ford model names makes them sound funny? Fiesta, Probe, Ranger. Explorer, Maverick etc... lol

Thanked by 1 Member:
ninesheds

#3 ninesheds

ninesheds

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

wiper motor is inside the tailgate behind the big plastic trim, before taking all the screws out check the fuses and relays, (click fordwiki at the top then choose mondeo, mk3 for fuse and relay info)

as for the rear washer, it could be the pump pump filter is full of crud, if they're anything like other ford ones they just pull out the washer reservoir, you may need to remove some underbody/wheelarch trim to access them, in the bottom of the washer tank.

Thanks very much for your help siruncle very useful i will sort this tomorrow

#4 siruncle

siruncle

missing the "view new content" button

• Regional Moderator
  • 16,188 posts
  • 990 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0 ghia mk2
  • Name:Pete

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

np mate, hopefully will find the problem and be able to sort it, best of luck.

From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/
2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now needing a pair of front jacking point covers... msg me

Ever noticed that putting "anal" in front of some ford model names makes them sound funny? Fiesta, Probe, Ranger. Explorer, Maverick etc... lol

#5 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Members
  • 16,437 posts
  • 768 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Unplug the motor wiring and connect it directly to a battery and see if it moves.

Link to fuse info below if you dont have one handy.

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

Thanked by 1 Member:
ninesheds

#6 houdi

houdi

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:ford mondeo tdci
  • Name:martin yeeles

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hi All,I have a Mondeo 2002 TDCI my rear wiper has stopped working,where do i start? do i replace the rear wiper relay first?would it be the motor and where is it?also there isnt any water coming through when i press the wash button as well but i can hear the pump?going ,the front wipers and washers work perfectly well.
i would be grateful for any help.

not sure about the rear wipers not working but for no water coming out it could be the pipe has come away (common fault so ford told me) its situated in one side of the plastic covering above the back seat so i was told by ford,i have the same problem no water coming out not had time to check mine yet

#7 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Members
  • 16,437 posts
  • 768 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

As mentioned the other issues are the pipe coming apart around roof area in the C pillar. Or the actual washer jet nozzle is clogged.

1st pop the pipe off the rear nozzle and see if any water comes out. If yes its the blocked nozzle, If not check the roof area by the C pillar
wet? Failing that swap the pump.

The pumps can still whirr away but not actually pump any water. Check it the small plastic filter over the pump
inlet. This clogs and starves the pump of water and burns itself out.

Did that to my old car, It would squirt a bit then stop, Eventually it burnt out because i kept pressing the washer button.

New motor sorted the problem out.

Not sure if i refitted the filter or not?

One pump works the front and rear washers, I presume it spins opposite directions, You could try swapping the pipes over.
See if the front stops working and the rear starts working.

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#8 chumba1980

chumba1980

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

Hello all my rear wiper is not working I can here the replay click in car but no action on wiper 2006 titanium estate how do I get to motor?

#9 FiatluX

FiatluX

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 Estate
  • Name:BSL

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

2 screws in the doorhandles and the tailgate inner cover pulls away with gentle force!

Edited by FiatluX, 28 June 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Mondeo Mk3 Estate 06/2005 Series 60 Titty X, 2.0 HE SEFI, Stardust Silver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users