Ford Automobiles Forum banner

TF News - Focus Mk3 Zetec-S Launched with 180bhp

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  C2K 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ford introduces the sporty Zetec S to its acclaimed all-new Focus line up. Developed specifically for UK customers, Zetec S combines sporty styling with the debut of the 1.6-litre 180PS EcoBoost petrol engine.

Based on the existing Zetec model, it adds a full sports styling kit including unique front and rear spoilers with lower sill extensions and 17in alloy wheels together with sports suspension featuring stiffened springs and dampers, aluminium-style sports pedals, rear LED tail lamps and Ford Power starter button.

Anthony Ireson, Ford Britain marketing director, said: "Zetec S models have always been popular with UK customers and so we are delighted to welcome our new Focus Zetec S to the range. With sporty exterior body styling and impressive performance and economy, this latest addition is set to be another showroom hit."

The Ford Focus Zetec S is available now in five-door bodystyle with estate to follow in February 2012, and is offered with a choice of four engines including the 1.6-litre 180PS EcoBoost turbo-charged petrol engine which has a top speed of 138mph, reaches 0-62mph in just 7.9sec and emits only 139g/km CO2. Any Focus Zetec S chosen with this engine or the 1.6-litre 115PS TDCi will carry the ECOnetic Technology badge, as they benefit from auto start-stop, Ford ECO mode, gear shift indicator, active grille shutter and smart regenerative charging.

The 1.6-litre 125PS Ti-VCT petrol and the 2.0-litre 163PS TDCi are also available and can be specified with either manual or PowerShift automatic transmission.

At £18,745 on the road the Focus Zetec S is priced just £1,250 above the equivalent Zetec derivative, which represents outstanding value, as if purchased separately, the additional features would add over £1,700. The Zetec S and Titanium are identically priced so customers can choose either sport or luxury at the same price point.

Options include the technology-laden Driver Assistance Pack which has received several awards, cruise control with Active Speed Limiter and a Zetec S interior pack featuring Inferno Red partial leather, heated front seats, power driver seat, power rear windows and global closing for £800.00.

New Ford Focus Zetec S developed for the UK market
Sportiest series ahead of 2012 Focus ST with 250PS
Standard features include full body styling kit, 17in alloy wheels, sports suspension, rear LED tail lamps and sports pedals
Priced from £18,745 on the road, equivalent to a Focus Titanium
Choice of four engines including the 1.6-litre 180PS EcoBoost petrol which debuts in the UK and features fuel-saving ECOnetic technologies
On sale now

Click here to view the news

See less See more
#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
I want a titanium that looks like the zetec s, basically like a focus version of the mondeo titanium x sport. Will it happen? I don't know, senna a few fiestas with zetec s kit but are titaniums.

#5 ·
Hi folks,
I'm a newbee to the forum.
I'm picking up my Focus zetec s in the next week or so.
I've done some searching but i can't find a single site that offers "re-mapps" for the focus zetec s.
Has anybody else had the same problem? Or has anyone out there had there zetec s mapped??

#7 ·
Thanks for the reply Nick.
I've looked on there website and haven't found anything. So calling them tomorrow was my next plan.
I recall reading some info on another forum tonight, about a guy who had the new focus zetec s and called Superchips. They allegedly said they didn't currently have a "map" for it but if he left his car with them for a week they should be able to get into the ECU and create one. The guy declined..

#10 ·
It's ugly imo, especially the 2 triangles on either side of the centre grille.

#12 ·
How very dare you!!It's luuuverly! And i'll be driving it home next week!

Infact, on the way home, i may have to drop the seat back, have my one hand on the top of the steering wheel, with the window down and playing some drum and bass on full bore! Then again, maybe i won't

#13 ·
Well i've had the car a few days now and covered around 100 miles. It's very nice over all.
It niggles me that it takes a while for the power to kick in, and it's certainly not as quick off the mark as my mapped Vectra Sri cdti. (around 190 bhp)
I called several mapping companies. Including Superchips, Dream Science and my usual company, http://www.sptuning.co.uk/
The only ones to get back to me were "Jamie" from SP-Tuning. Apparently, they can do it but the ECU needs to be removed and will take around 3 to 4 hours. At a cost of £349. Jamie also said that the engine would respond very well to a re-map, and should give the car an extra 40 BHP. Although i didn't ask about the torque increase.
As the car is new he suggested i leave the re-map until it's done around 1000 miles, as suggested on another forum to.
Thanks for the help folks

#14 ·
I've had the new Focus 1.6T ecoboost Zetec S for around a month now and covered 1100 miles. Have to say i think i would have to drive like "Miss Daisy" every time i drove it to even achieve 40mpg!
I'm sure i read that the combined stats were stated to be around 44mpg??
I always use "stop-start" and change gear as directed by the dash number to achieve the best mpg.
I only spend around 30% of the time giving it some beans for an overtake or just for the hell of it. Yet the clock indicator tells me i'm averaging 30-33 mpg.
Does that sound about right to you folks or am i just missing my cdti??

#15 ·
I'm not happy with the fuel economy at all!!
This is what i posted on another Focus forum.
I feel a little embarassed to be honest. There are so few of the Zetec S petrols out there it was nice to have something a little different. Now i feel foolish and naive as all bar a few fools out there like me saw the writing on the wall!!
I'm so dissatisfied with my Focus Zetec S 180 petrol consumption, i'm returning it with a percieved "fault" to be rectified. You can't bulls**t a potential buyer parting with the best part of 20 grand that a particular model does a "combined 47.9 mpg" when in the reality of day to day driving you're getting 32 - 34 mpg!!
I'm no boy racer but i'm also no dreaded Sunday pensioner driver!
But my Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 cdti, from memory was given an indicated average of about 49 mpg. And no matter how hard that car was driven it always returned a minimum of 47 mpg!!
It was the first Ford i've owned, and if "they" can tell such basic blatant lies like that, it will certainly be the last!!!

#16 ·
Anybody considering buying the Focus Zetec S 180 bhp petrol engine should be very mindful that although Ford are claiming 47 mpg "combined" you will be very lucky to achieve 37 mpg even with "stop start" and driving like "Miss Daisy"!! The claimed 47 mpg would be laughable if i hadn't been conned by this myself!!
Mines booked into the Bristol Street Dealer in Redditch for this coming Tues (19th)
I'll post there findings....

#18 ·
I think that published MPG is a rough, and I mean rough guide. My previous KUGA 2wd achieved almost 10 mpg above the advertised MPG and that's with plenty of motorway driving. My current Kuga AWD is less by 7 mpg. Funny that although both had different set ups, Ford saw fit to publish the same mpg. The best option is to do your home work before buying. Read the trade mags for real world testing and read through the forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.