20 replies to this topic

#1 simonb

simonb

Little Megger

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I have a 2001 2.0 tddi which i have been running on biodiesel for a few months and that is the catch,i have searched through posts but it is the biodiesel angle i am looking at.

Went to work on friday and cruising down th e motorway and engine cut out so pulled over and restarted ok and drove for 6-7 miles and did the same thing again but this time when i restarted it would not let me set off again,it just stalled.
Got the car recovered home and a guy i know has just been out with his diagnostic and plugged it in and comes up with

p1563 injection pump control module requesting stop
p0100 which is maf sensor (but unplugged this and same thing)

The car will start and tick over for a while and even drive for a few hundred yards but then cuts out again.
The mechanic who as been out to these on transits with same problem which is always the fuel pump knackered has suggested that maybe a thing to try is draining the fuel tank and changing the fuel filter and running through til just running on garage bought diesel.
The reason for this is the biodiesel in it is quite thick and just wondered if this could be causing problems for the pump thus requesting engine stop.
Sorry for the long winded post but was hoping someone may have some experience of this problem so i know wether it is a new pump(read scrap car) or not.

Also while i'm rabbiting on is a second hand pump an option if it the worse case?

Thanks in advance

Simon
[color:gray]4 Wheels = 2001 TDDI in Stardust Silver[/color]
[color:orange]Chromiumtech Angel Eyes. Facelift chrome rear lights. Clear Indicators
Fog lights. OSRAM Nightbreakers
[/color][color:red]Graemewelch De-cat, Pipercross Panel filter,[/color][color:blue]Bluefin[/color]
[color:black]Full Leather Interior[/color]

[color:blue]2 Wheels = Gsxr 1000 k1 in the only Suzuki colours to have![/color]

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Members
  • 16,280 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit

P1563 Injection Pump Control Module Requesting Engine Stop

Biodiesel is a no on these cars, The fuel lines and pump etc are not built for it.

Try draining the tank and fuel system pump a gallon of diesel through the system and drain that. Change the fuel filter.

Fill up with at least 20 litres of fresh diesel and see how that goes.

The lift pump can cause issues on these cars also.

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#3 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,014 posts
  • 388 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo tddi

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

ive heard of 1 guy using bio diesel on a tddi he was getting it cheap but only 1. i wouldnt put bio diesel in one of these not a chance.

if you want to save money buy a mk1/2 mondeo td run bio diesel in that. its not 100% good for those cars either but atleast you can pick the cars up relatively cheap now so if it does just get another.

that or buy another car thats more economical on fuel.

depending on the way you drive a v6 can be just as good on fuel as one of these diesels. i know mk2 v6 can be better on petrol than a 4 pot petrol. know a few people who've had both and the v6's are better on fuel. odd you may think but ive been told at motorway speeds the rpm is higher on a 4 pot petrol than it is on a v6.

also these diesel engines in the mk3 dont really like low revs they prefer to be up to 2000-3000 and run best there i would say. maybe because theyre 16v and not 8v? i know i could go round a mini roundabout in 3rd on my old mk2 td but i couldnt do it in a mk3 i had to slow down and take it in second.
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#4 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Members
  • 16,280 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

About 4000rpm at 70mph on a 2L MK3 i think. I did think it was fairly high and needed another gear.

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#5 simonb

simonb

Little Megger

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

previous threads have suggested bio was ok in tddi but not in tdci.
doesn't reall y help either way at the moment i suppose,what i'm wondering is if it is the fuel though been on it about a year now with no previou problems at all and ok on emmisions come mot time or is the pump junked.
will try draining it and running pump diesel through with new filter and see what happens.
if it worse case is second hand pump an option or more trouble than it is worth.
[color:orange]Chromiumtech Angel Eyes. Facelift chrome rear lights. Clear Indicators
[/color][color:red]Graemewelch De-cat, Pipercross Panel filter,[/color][color:blue]Bluefin[/color]

#6 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,014 posts
  • 388 thanks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

About 4000rpm at 70mph on a 2L MK3 i think. I did think it was fairly high and needed another gear.

my info is mostly based on mk1/2 owners but i would expect the mk3 to be close anyway

#7 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,014 posts
  • 388 thanks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

previous threads have suggested bio was ok in tddi but not in tdci.
doesn't reall y help either way at the moment i suppose,what i'm wondering is if it is the fuel though been on it about a year now with no previou problems at all and ok on emmisions come mot time or is the pump junked.
will try draining it and running pump diesel through with new filter and see what happens.
if it worse case is second hand pump an option or more trouble than it is worth.

i dunno where you been reading but still its a big risk less of a risk on an older mondeo though

#8 simonb

simonb

Little Megger

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

http://www.talkford....diesel-in-tddi/

Shutting gate/horse bolted etc etc

Anyhow the car has been run on it for best part of a year so nothing i can do about that now i suppose.
Just after any relevant advice people can give me to see if i can get the problem sorted.
I can drain the bio out and run pump fuel through and see what happens,but what else would be worth checking?
Is a second hand injection pump a possibility?

#9 GN_TDCi

GN_TDCi

TF regular

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • 19 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Don't go second hand if you can help it. Also, I think the pump is coded to the ECU (don't quote me on this though).
The TDDi has a lift pump on it too, they are prone to failure also. If you need to change the pump, change the lift pump too while your at it to give you piece of mind.

Champagne Silver Mondeo TDCi 130 - Blanked EGR, Reconditioned Turbo & Actuator, iPhone Integrastion.

Planned Mods: HID H7R Conversion, De-Cat Pipe, Racebits Gen3 Intercooler, Racebits Custom Remap, Final Facelift Rear Clusters, LED Fog Lights.

#10 simonb

simonb

Little Megger

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Can get a second hand pump fitted for £400 which i can just about afford,going new would make it uneconomical to do to be honest.
Pump needs coding but would be done in with the £400.
Just wondering what i can try that would bring up that code before i make a decision wether it is breaking time.
150000 miles still original clutch,so don't want to spend a fortune on it only for clutch to go etc etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users