Domster

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Transit connect
  • Name:Dom

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hi guys I have a problem with my break lights ony 05 transit connect 1.8tdci. The two low level break lights don't work but the high level light does? When I discovered I had no lights I narrowed it down to the break light switch and replaced it which made the high level light work and briefly the near side low level light,I think after a day or so it stopped and it wasn't bulbs.
I tested all the other connections and I was getting 12.5 through them but then I tested the high level break light in the same way and the first test indicated too high a load to measure and the second one melted the wires on the tester?
I'm guessing as I had to replace a switch that there might be a power problem in front of it? Should this much power be coming through to the bulb it looks very burned inside? I'm stummped and have an mot coming up! Please and thank you for any help in advance!

#2 larmar

larmar

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:ford connect
  • Name:Lawrence Marshall

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

:themrs: Mutch the same problem High brake light works fine lower break light dont work bulbs and fuse fine , thinking about changing break light switch , is it a simple job and why does the high break light work and not the bottom two if they are connected ? :themrs:

#3 Domster

Domster

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi larmar

I replaced my break light switch as none of them were working which fixed the high level light and briefly the near side low level light.

My van is ex police and has had electrics removed. I have found a bare wire running outside the main conduit into the rear of the van which has clearly been put there recently I'll have a look but as for the break light switch,it wasn't that!

Thanks again,dom

#4 Domster

Domster

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Oh and yes the break light switch my 11 year old niece could replace!

Regards,Dom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)