News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mondeo Estate Owners - I Need A Measurement Please!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lamlash

lamlash

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Estate

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hello,

I'm after a big favour from someone with a MK4 Mondeo Estate with factory fitted roof rails. I'm getting some roof rails retrofitted by a local bodyshop next week and they have asked for a measurement so they can ensure they position the rails correctly. I have sourced the rails from a breakers yard and bought new securing nuts from Ford so all I need now is tell them exactly where they fit. I expect that once the bodyshop has removed the headlining it will be obvious where the rails should fit and it will just be a question of drilling through the top skin of the roof in the right places but just in case it isn't obvious I could do with the measurement.

I have found a photo of a MK4 Mondeo Estate roof - any chance someone could go out with a tape measure (if it ever stops raining!) and post the measurement please (I've highlighted the measurement I need in the image below which shows the back of a MK4 estate with the tailgate open)

RAILS.jpg

Thanks in advance. I'll post a picture of my car with and without the rails once the job is done.

#2 mwdurham

mwdurham

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Estate Mk4

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

I make it 22mm on mine using a tape measure
Do you know the details of hoe they are fitted. One of the front mountings on mine is loose and I don't know if I'll have to remove the headlining and tighten it from underneath. Is there a way to remove the covers without doing that?

Thanked by 1 Member:
lamlash

#3 malford

malford

Titanium X Sport

• Forum Moderator
  • 1,064 posts
  • 66 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Titanium X Sport

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Headlining will need to be dropped in the corner affected...

http://www.talkford....ttach_id=124406
2013 Mondeo Titanium X Sport Wagon 2.2 PSA Turbo
Now on my 4th Mondeo...

#4 lamlash

lamlash

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thanks mwDurham, Job's done and all seems to be OK. Before and after pictures hopefully attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1073.JPG
  • IMG_1262 (Large).JPG

#5 mwdurham

mwdurham

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Looks good! I will tackle my loose one this week. Looks like I have lost the battle with Ford to fix it - mine's just over a year old and apparently "trim and bodywork" is only covered by the first year warranty...

#6 mwdurham

mwdurham

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Sorted mine out now. For some reason the fixings were loose, once I dropped the headlining it was a simple tightening-up job with a 10mm socket from underneath.

#7 GWSFife

GWSFife

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo
  • Name:Gavin Swinton

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hello,

I have been thinking of retro fitting roof rails to 09 estate. How big a job was it for the body shop, ie in and out in a day?

#8 lamlash

lamlash

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

It was a 1 day job, although quite fiddly and involved removing lots of trims to get the headlining down. I'm really glad I didn't try it myself!

Good luck with finding some MK4 estate rails - I phoned a few breakers and eventually got lucky. My local Ford dealer couldn't even provide part numbers except for the securing nuts.

Thanked by 1 Member:
GWSFife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users