#1 Rob1974

Rob1974

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Galaxy 2.0TDCI ps
  • Name:Rob Glover

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

I guys I'm not sure where to put this as there doesn't seem to be much activity in the galaxy part lol

Ok here goes I have just taken delivery of my new galaxy zetec, now first impression is good but if I try playing music from my iPod (or mobile) via the aux plug the music is so distorted as if the input is too high for the speakers. I have tried turning the sound up and down on both the iPod/phone as well as the stereo but it just get quieter (or louder) but still sounds distorted :-(

Any ideas or should I just give the dealer a call and tell him to sort the bloody think lol

#2 MondyMK3

MondyMK3

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

I would say try changing your equaliser on the ipod and the stereo if that doesnt work then contact the dealer as may be a problem with the port or speakers.

#3 Rob1974

Rob1974

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for that the equaliser is the only thing I haven't tried so I will give that a go and if it's still the same I will get back to the dealer

#4 MondyMK3

MondyMK3

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Ok well i hope you manage to get it sorted. Also try the bass levels. They may be set too high.
Good luck let us know how you get on.

#5 Rob1974

Rob1974

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

right I have been playing with the equalizer settings on the ipod and also settings on the stereo but the only thing that makes it something like usable is if I turn down bass and mid on the stereo (still not as clear as on the cd or FM) but then I need to change them back even to use the phone. Looks like its another thing I kneed to speak to the dealer about,the other is the parking sensors, sometimes they work as the should and other times its just one long tone no mater how close I an to anything.

#6 MondyMK3

MondyMK3

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Definately talk to the dealer about this if you are having more than one electrical fault. Is it brand new?

#7 Rob1974

Rob1974

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Yes brand new I collected it yesterday (Saturday 7th) with only 6miles on the clock. I had a toe bar fitted by the dealer before collection, looks like a fun chat is to be had tomorrow lol

#8 BigDxxxx

BigDxxxx

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Definitely need to pick up with dealership. However, the sound quality won't be as good as CD etc. if you simply using a 3.5mm headphone jack at both ends it's worth buying a lead for £5 off Amazon like I did, one with a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack at one and and the iPod white ribbon connector at the other. This stops you having to set the volume on your iPod (as well as on your head unit and the quality is better in my opinion... worth a try but still go back to Dealer as it sounds like aux socket is faulty

Hope this helped, D.

Mondeo MK4 2.2 TDCI Titanium X

#9 Rob1974

Rob1974

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Definitely need to pick up with dealership. However, the sound quality won't be as good as CD etc. if you simply using a 3.5mm headphone jack at both ends it's worth buying a lead for £5 off Amazon like I did, one with a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack at one and and the iPod white ribbon connector at the other. This stops you having to set the volume on your iPod (as well as on your head unit and the quality is better in my opinion... worth a try but still go back to Dealer as it sounds like aux socket is faulty

Hope this helped, D.

Mondeo MK4 2.2 TDCI Titanium X

I have both cables but it's too quiet with the jack to jack, even at full volume on both it's not too loud and the kids like it loud lol

They can have a look on the 30th as its now booked in fit the problem with the parking sensors. This is not the best start to ownership, two days and two problems :-( let's hope it gets better

Rob

#10 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:53 Plate Galaxy

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Towbar could be affecting the sensors, if you can, get down to each sensor and put your finger over the top if its working it should make a constant clicking. then you will know if its the towbar or not.
Also my sensors are really sensitive to rain so if its been raining (chances are it has) there might be some water on the sensor, so try wiping them with a cloth trying not to smear the water.
State Blue 2003 MK2 Galaxy Ghia 2.3
Ash Black 1984 MK1 Sierra XR4i 2.8 V6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users