#1 tonyash56

tonyash56

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2000 focus 2.0 ghia
  • Name:Tony Clark

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Only had the car for 1 day discovered that the heater works fine but not the blower, checked all fuses ,are there resistors in the ducting or in the system elsewhere, that may have burnt out I had thought of running a seperate power wire directly to the switch, but if there are resistors it may do more harm than good . . . . .2nd problem is a whole lot more scarey !! , the car drove perfect from London to Ashford last night when I brought it home, this morning when I was driving it down an uneven road it wagged it's ar*e like a stupid puppy, don't know what to try first, shocks seem ok wheel bearings are quiet, maybe radious arm bushes, whatever it is it scared the sh*t out of the misses, she wont get back in it till it's sorted Regards...Tony

#2 corkycat_1

corkycat_1

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo tdci 2.0 ghia
  • Name:richard

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Are the heater controls electronic or dials. If there electronics it could be you transistor pack located in the blower housing. If its dials then if it was resistor it would still work on full power as full power bypasses resistors.
As for car wagging its tail like a puppy do you have any knocks or noises when going over bumps etc.

#3 tonyash56

tonyash56

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Well I,had a look at trying to repower the heater fan, not as easy as I thought, took a live feed from the back of the radio and tried it on all the connections on the back of the switch nothing worked, the next port of call is the motor, I'll run a live direct to it and check that it's not seized , if it isn't not sure where to go next' probably the works service centre, the wobble on the rear turned out to be trailing arm bushes on the n/s rear wheel , new parts ordered will be fixed monday,£300 + so far the car has cost me £650 and still no heater blower, got a few cosmetics scuffs and scrathes and needs a motor for the o/s rear window and road tax, I think it's going to owe me about a grand by the time it's all up to scratch, lot of money for a 13 yr old car ,

#4 tonyash56

tonyash56

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Well the motor is getting power and I can hear the relay clicking, and the fan can be turned by hand, I've been looking at motors on e-bay and can't make my mind up which is right for my car, is there any difference between air-con and no air-con motors, they both look the same as mine,and they are both about £35. my car is a ghia with air-con , not climate control , at the moment I'd just like the heater to work, I haven't had chance to test the air-con as it wont work without the blower, but I dont want to buy the wrong one coz it looks like a job for a small contorsionist to change ( I'm over 6' tall and 17st+) any advice please......Tony

#5 corkycat_1

corkycat_1

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo tdci 2.0 ghia
  • Name:richard

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

If it doesn't work on ful power it rules resistors out. You should be able to do the motor by kneeling on floor leaning in passenger door. Where you based

#6 stuart w

stuart w

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 2,060 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

have you tested power to the fan?
panther black interceptor 18inch wolfrace sport hustle wheels
black lexus rearlights evo rear spoiler
blacked out rear and side windows 8k Hid's fitted
modded front bumper with splitter. rear high level spoiler
twin powerflow rear exhausts wing indicators

st rear bumper fitted full leather fitted
mk1 RS side skirts honeycomb grill

#7 tonyash56

tonyash56

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

yes, I ran a seperate wire direct to the fan motor, then checked the original wires and power is reaching the motor,the relay can be heard clicking

#8 stuart w

stuart w

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 2,060 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

my mate transit stopped working like that and turned out to be dodgy loom section that would read fine on a multimeter
panther black interceptor 18inch wolfrace sport hustle wheels
black lexus rearlights evo rear spoiler
blacked out rear and side windows 8k Hid's fitted
modded front bumper with splitter. rear high level spoiler
twin powerflow rear exhausts wing indicators

st rear bumper fitted full leather fitted
mk1 RS side skirts honeycomb grill

#9 tonyash56

tonyash56

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Had a day over the local scrappy today, got another heater motor, that didn't work either, worked fine direct to the battery, so next thing was to re-check the wires to the motor ,I already know there's power to the yellow & black wire, so it must be the other wire red/black,if i earth this wire the fan works on full speed constantly, ie as soon as the ignition is swictched on,does anyone know where this wire goes to? cheers Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users