#1 cleanfibre

cleanfibre

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mk3
  • Name:David Tankard

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hi I have 2 mondeos and only 1 of them flashes when we unlock the car but other car doesn't which we think is strange can anyone help with sorting it out so the car flashes when it unlocks

Thanks

#2 lee.collings

lee.collings

Clever cloggs

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 2,230 posts
  • 54 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Are they the same age?

Facelift mondeos (53 onwards) will flash on unlock

Prefacelift mondeos (01-03) will only flash on double lock

Lee

2001 Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X

Stardust Silver

#3 lee.collings

lee.collings

Clever cloggs

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 2,230 posts
  • 54 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Although just to add,

You can get the prefacelift mondeos to flash on unlock by replacing the GEM with one from a facelift car.

However, this can cause issues if your prefacelift mondeo has the 6 speed wiper control. As the facelift mondeos don't have this, just auto wipe. So you'll lose the 6 speed and it'll just work on one intermittent speed, unless I'm mistaken.

But that's not much of an issue for most.

Hope that helps

Lee

2001 Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X

Stardust Silver

#4 cleanfibre

cleanfibre

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mk3
  • Name:David Tankard

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Thank you for the reply that will answer my question one is 03 and the other is a 55 plate

#5 compuwiz_uk

compuwiz_uk

Super Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 18,646 posts
  • 330 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2001 1.8 Mk3 Mondeo

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Although just to add,

You can get the prefacelift mondeos to flash on unlock by replacing the GEM with one from a facelift car.

However, this can cause issues if your prefacelift mondeo has the 6 speed wiper control. As the facelift mondeos don't have this, just auto wipe. So you'll lose the 6 speed and it'll just work on one intermittent speed, unless I'm mistaken.

But that's not much of an issue for most.

Hope that helps

ur mistaken on that front to some degree.

yes, this can be a problem if you choose the wrong version of GEM module - DO NOT use a ghia or above spec GEM module, but get one from a lesser spec facelift model ( LX to zetec etc ) then you should be fine with the 6 speed wiper & such as they dont have the auto lights & auto wipers on them unless its an odd spec special order. ( i have a facelift gem in my pre-facelift mota & its 6-speed wipers works fine )

the main trouble you have with the GEM upgrade is the hazard warning lights can be glitchy depending on the switch the pre-facelift model has fitted - facelift has 1 switch type, pre-facelift has 2, 1 works no problem the other one has to be pressed twice to both activate & then de-activate the hazards - swap out the button for thecorrect type & it solves the problem  :D 

Too many mods to list in here but they can be seen here

Most Common MK3 Question / Problems have solutions listed in the WIKI - Click Here

Ford Etis Vehicle Information - Click Here

#6 Gary Price

Gary Price

TF regular

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • 91 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 TDCi
  • Name:Gary Price

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

"However, this can cause issues if your prefacelift mondeo has the 6 speed wiper control. As the facelift mondeos don't have this, just auto wipe. So you'll lose the 6 speed and it'll just work on one intermittent speed, unless I'm mistaken."

My facelift Mondeo (Zetec Tdci) has 6-speed wiper control & it also flashes the hazards on lock/unlock.

Could be there are 2 types of GEM module one for 6-speed and one for auto wipe.

Post above just beat me to it - there are 2 different types as I expected.

Edited by Gary Price, 17 December 2013 - 09:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users