Photo

immobiliser??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 womble

womble

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

Hi. I am definitely not mechanically minded, so please keep replies basic. My problem is that sometimes when I turn the ignition on, everything lights up and connects except the engine, the starter motor doesn't come on at all. This occured 3 times before I took my Mondeo 1.8 LX 1996 model into the Ford dealership - where I was basically told I didnt know how to start the car(?*^££%%) They did reset the on board computer. It has now happend approx 6 times in line of site of a new Cell phone tower which led to the theory that, somehow this was interfering with the immobiliser. But it has now happened twice in other locations. Any clues as to what is causing this, and if it is the immobiliser - can I simply bypass that somehow. I am very reluctant to go back to the garage and be told again that I dont know hot to turn the key in the ignition!! :doh:

#2 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,014 posts
  • 388 thanks

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

it does sound like an imobiliser problem it can be bypassed but you wont get any answers here definately not because this is your first post if you had more posts and been a member a while someone might help you.

you need to understand anyone can just sign up on here and ask for such information and put it to miss use for instance to steal a car. im not saying your intending on miss using information but we need to take precaucions.
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#3 @lice

@lice

Megger

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

you need to understand anyone can just sign up on here and ask for such information and put it to miss use for instance to steal a car. im not saying your intending on miss using information but we need to take precaucions.

So you mean immo related problems are taboo here?
I was going to explain some things but if it's forbidden I'll keep quiet.

What I can say- before sorting out with immo check the starter motor circuits.
I your case you can have immobilizer either in separate module or implemented in ECU. If it's separate then it is possible that sometimes starter doesn't turns but if it's in ECU then it cannot be immo related problem.
Does fuel pump works when starter not turns?
Maybe you have some additional alarm systems onboard which can cause starter blocking?
Mondeo II'97 1.8 GHIA

#4 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,014 posts
  • 388 thanks

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

im sure its in the rules somewhere @lice and im sure you can understand why.
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#5 a.mad.house

a.mad.house

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,194 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

best thing to do is try to get a second emobiliser for the car and see if that helps

bypassing an imobiliser thread would cause alot of problems as if we told you how to do it anyone from the net could see it unless you were gold!!

and if one day you got up to find the mondeo gone due to the info on this site you wouldnt be impressed would you

go back to the garage and explaine that if they think they are that smart to take the mick out of you for not being able to start it then they should be smart enough to find the fault
[color:green][/color]97 rover 820i mia [color:green][/color]
[color:blue][/color]94 mondeo mk1 1.8td [color:blue][/color]

i know absolutly nowt about cars lol so ask away you never get any where just sitting on ya hands and also they just go numb

#6 womble

womble

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:59 PM

Thanks guys. I mainly wanted reassurance that the immobiliser could be bypassed (and I am pleased you wont publish that for all and sundry!) as I am sure you will be aware when I went back to Ford, their response was 'NO' and we cant diagnose unless it faults in the workshop.....but we are willing to suck as much money out of your pocket as we can get away with!!

#7 BILLY

BILLY

Big Megger

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

wot model have you got mate? have you been involved in any bumps or knocks?
does you fuel pump kick in even when it does not start?

does the immobiliser light on the dash flash at all??

there are so many avanues to this problem i had a problem of not starting too but mine was after a shut and turned out to be a broken wire but im sure if you give us a little more info we can certainly help a little

1999 ST24, Moondust silver, Smooth tailgate, Momo gear knob, custom grille, 18 inch TSW pacers, lowered 40mm, Bomz kit, chrome sills, Rear roof top spoiler, crystal repeaters.
178.1 bhp as seen in Fast Ford May '09