News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mondeo TDDI Loss of power

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Squirt

Squirt

Little Megger

• Trader
  • 413 posts
  • 26 thanks

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

Hello people. I have a 2001 Mondeo TDDI estate which, since fitting a new DMF/clutch/slave cylinder has been cutting out, going into limp home mode. Glow plug light flashes and engine stalls.

Car was fine up till i fitted the above parts, DTCs now present

P1664, Fuel Injection Pump - Malfunction shutdown requested

P1666 Fuel Injection Pump - CKP sensor synchronisation

Ive replaced the CKP sensor (didnt fix it) and now im going to check the Pump/CKP wiring. Any second opinions?

Could have i disturbed poor wiring that runs along the top of the box to the CKP/Connector C15 near suspension turret do you think? Or maybe the flywheels a TDCI and the sensor rings different?

Ive had a brief search but not come across anything to help towards my bizarre problem.

#2 TDCi_Phil

TDCi_Phil

Big Megger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

Who fitted the clutch you or a garage?
2011 Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCi Ink Blue

Roof Rack

#3 barrie m

barrie m

TF regular

• Members
  • 1,385 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

make sure it was the right flywheel, some people on here have had wrong ones fitted

#4 Squirt

Squirt

Little Megger

• Trader
  • 413 posts
  • 26 thanks

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:41 PM

Yes i fitted the clutch/flywheel.

I checked the part number of the flywheel on the receipt and it all matches up with Ford eCat. Its the only thing ive changed which led to this problem.
Could have been boxed wrong maybe?

#5 philwalker

philwalker

Diesel Head

• Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:00 AM

just wonder wether the timing is out as their is a sensor which checks the flywheel to fire the injectors at the right time :kaffeetrinker_2:
After 11 years in MK 3 Mondeos...My company have moved me on to a Vauxhall Insignia Sport Tourer

#6 Squirt

Squirt

Little Megger

• Trader
  • 413 posts
  • 26 thanks

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

The injectors aren't controlled by the crank sensor though? A TDCI uses the signal from the CMP and the CKP to determine TDC and fire the injectors as its a common rail system.

The DI engine uses the crank sensor to allow the pump to start as the fuel injection is controlled by the rotary injection pump.

But as the flywheel is the only thing ive changed that could alter the signal, then maybe this is the case. Ill check the wiring first just in case.

#7 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,014 posts
  • 388 thanks

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

i wouldnt do such a job myself even though icould probably do it id rather have a garage do it that way if theres any problems they got to sort it. penny pinching isnt always a good idea.
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#8 Squirt

Squirt

Little Megger

• Trader
  • 413 posts
  • 26 thanks

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, i think im learning the hard way. Thing is, ive done this job about 2 or 3 times now on other peoples cars with no problems.

Im starting to think its a case of taking the gearbox back out and double check the part number on the flywheel as this is the only logical explanation to have caused this cock up. Its got to be the flywheel!

#9 kal

kal

Little Megger

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

just read your thread. i have been having the same problem with my care.(not knowing about the engine) i took it to three garages who could not fix it as nothing was showing up on diagnostic machines. so i took it to fords who have had it for three weeks :angryfire: eventually it turned out to be the fuel inlet metering valve. and they changed the fuel filter, as well. i hope this might help you as mine was cutting out while driving even at 70mph and the glow plug lights kept coming on.

Kal