Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Hmm,thought it was 1034(I think,or there abouts) not 300..

If my numbers had come up on the lottery this weekend, I'd buy it!..

edit; Its 1038,did a bit of googling to refresh my memory...

I actually went to a capri disco,it was very bizzare!...

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Apart from the low mileage and the condition its a brooklands green,last of the capris...Second only in desirabilty to a tickford(well I think so anyway)..Fantastic car(although 20 grand is asking a bit much!)..

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Ford Capri 280
Petrol, 5,000 miles. 1 of 130 genuine ford cars supplied by ford full show room condition got the new 280 exhaust fitted only drivers seat ever been used origanal tyres all documents invoices and tax disc with the car full dealer facilitys available £19,950
Supplied by Ford? who else supplied them then. Were the Koreans knocking out counterfeits. Not sure it's worth £20,000, rather optimistic if you ask me. Not as if it's the last one built as that is still owned by Ford. For rarity I'd have a Zakspeed Turbo Capri with those oh so rare 7" wide 4 spoke RS Alloys.
I'll have the red Ford GT they have for sale though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
correct, 1038 were made i believe. a friend of mine had one. it's nice, not sure if it's £20k's worth of nice.
if it was a genuine Aston Martin/Tickford version i could be tempted - where have all of those gone? when was the last time you saw one?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
bit pricy yeah considering the rare rs500 (sierra) are worth the 10 grand mark in mint condition, according to the book a few yrs back.

·
ME
5,869 Posts
mark_w said:
correct, 1038 were made i believe. a friend of mine had one. it's nice, not sure if it's £20k's worth of nice.
if it was a genuine Aston Martin/Tickford version i could be tempted - where have all of those gone? when was the last time you saw one?
Last time I saw a Tickford would be about 13 or 14 years ago at a local Capri show.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ SLR MCLAREN , Automatic, 55 Reg , 1,000 miles, Metallic Black. red leather what a supper car £325,000

Think they mean super ;)

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
there was only ever 1038 ever made of the 280 brooklands and that car in the add sat in a dealer near me for just short of 3years without being sold and i would buy it straight away if i could sell my wife and kids to get the money for it

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
you cant say its worth more than a RS500 though

·
Retired
2,480 Posts
There was a 280 Brooklands up for sale down the road from me with 130 miles on the clock, was ex part of the Ford heratage £18,000. That was a few years ago.

Very tempted

·
Retired
2,480 Posts
studley73 said:
there was only ever 1038 ever made of the 280 brooklands and that car in the add sat in a dealer near me for just short of 3years without being sold and i would buy it straight away if i could sell my wife and kids to get the money for it
Was that the one at Wallington?

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
yeap cmw's had 2 of them at one time one with about 500 miles from new direct from ford heritage and one with about 18000 miles and one owner. nice to see a local man on here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts