Ford Automobiles Forum banner

£575 For Fully Comp? 40yrold 7 Years NCB !!

2004 Views 24 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Chris Knott Insurance
I am being ripped off by my insurance company arent I? Surely?

£575 for a 40yr old with a 37 year old missus, and 7 years Genuine No Claims !!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
sadly all quotes have gone up,with the mods i've done my quote has gone up £170 :(
PM Marney. He got me a good deal :L
im 26 with 3 years NCB i got a 2002 tdci 130 and mine is £600 fully comp.. thats with swiftcover.com
im 22 with 1 yr ncb and my wife is 21 and passed her test last month. Ive got a 2003 2.0l zetec and pay £700 fully comp
It depends where you live and what you've done to your car, but there's no way i'd just be bending over and taking their length.

Use one of the comparison sites. Last time I used them my quotes ranged from £164 to over £800 as every company assesses risk differently.

I can also add a second recommendation for Swiftcover, no problems with mine and you can administer everything about your policy online, like changing drivers, car etc.
:} :} :} quinn direct quoted me £2,232 ,6 ncb and 46 years old, they won't get much business
Try Aviva or e-sure, i found these the cheapest for me.
£370 protected NCB for my car (49yrs)
Im with halifax, £325 fully comp, 42 yrs old.
phpbiker.

I am 42 with 6 years no claims, and I am paying £250 less than that with direct line, fully comp and even with no claims bonus protection added on top..
£193 fully comp for me and the wife , Im 38 and have 7 years no-claims.

EVERY year I do the whole comparison site thing on the internet, if you dont you WILL get shafted.

Simples.
£337 8 years ncb protected for mine with adrian flux All mods declared and full euro breakdown

Really helpfull too :)

Mucho happy Far happier than my last one with Hastings Direct
I just got my renewal through from swiftcover. £225 for fully comp 45 yrs old 5 yrs ncb and im thinking thats expensive. I do have another more sportier weekend car insured that i mirror my NCB onto so have to stick with them or move both cars to some other company but seems too much hassle
a-plan
all mods declared
just over £400 fully comp :)

and it's actually cheaper to insure than the fiesta :}
I think I paid a bit over £500 last time with 3 years NCB and all mods (lots) declared. Adrian Flux - you need to call them up as they can't quote online. That's for a mk1 V6.

Simon
My renewal's due on the 26th May, so I start shopping around about now. I used the AA to get a quote last year, it was about £50 over what my current insurer Direct Line were quoting me, so I didn't take it up and just renewed with them.

Fast forward to this morning. A quote from AA landed on my doormat, and when I opened it I nearly fell of my chair! £860 for a 26 year old with 7 years no claims, no points and no accidents to his name driving an '06 Zetec 2.0 diesel estate! I know quotes have gone up, but I paid circa £375 last year, do they seriously mean to tell me that the cost of insurance has gone up by pretty much 250% over the course of a year!?
[quote name=Mr Fingers]My renewal's due on the 26th May, so I start shopping around about now. I used the AA to get a quote last year, it was about £50 over what my current insurer Direct Line were quoting me, so I didn't take it up and just renewed with them.

Fast forward to this morning. A quote from AA landed on my doormat, and when I opened it I nearly fell of my chair! £860 for a 26 year old with 7 years no claims, no points and no accidents to his name driving an '06 Zetec 2.0 diesel estate! I know quotes have gone up, but I paid circa £375 last year, do they seriously mean to tell me that the cost of insurance has gone up by pretty much 250% over the course of a year!? [/quote]

Give Chris Knott a call or Adrian Flux
[quote name=Mr Fingers]My renewal's due on the 26th May, so I start shopping around about now. I used the AA to get a quote last year, it was about £50 over what my current insurer Direct Line were quoting me, so I didn't take it up and just renewed with them.

Fast forward to this morning. A quote from AA landed on my doormat, and when I opened it I nearly fell of my chair! £860 for a 26 year old with 7 years no claims, no points and no accidents to his name driving an '06 Zetec 2.0 diesel estate! I know quotes have gone up, but I paid circa £375 last year, do they seriously mean to tell me that the cost of insurance has gone up by pretty much 250% over the course of a year!? [/quote]

I've said previously try Aviva, my quote was £370, but when i actually renewed it it was £293, but i get £45 of that back by going through quidco.com which is a cashback site, so i can't complain.
Yes, please feel free to try our scheme.

We have insured many people who we gave a quote to on here!

In fact, this is one of the top performing forums out of over 200 we're linked with.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.