Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
mins about 2.8 seconds, not sure if i could keep the front end down long enough though lol, i have a gtech meter and will be wiring up a plug so i can get real world time, im expecting about high 3's to low 4's if i can keep the front end down and get the 2.8 i will be happy but lol :L

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
book times about 3.5 seconds which is very respectable :L

·
Registered
738 Posts
think mines 5.5 secs might not sound that great but it's only an xj 600 ,standing quarter 13.4 secs,you need a turbo porshe to do a standing quarter in that sort of time and you can't get one of them for £500.

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
lol thats true, i am looking forward to testing this meter on my bike, just need a good straight to do a 1/4 mile timing

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
:L it is respectable mate

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Mine would have been around 2-2.5 secs. It was a well tuned ZZR1100, and it did 80 in first so no gear change issues.

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
thats some nice power, i was looking at a site the other day and it had dyno readouts for various different bikes and there was a zzr1100, pumping out 310bhp and 0-60 time was claimed to be around 1.2 seconds, now that is mad lol
the thing is there is so much potential to get more power out of a bike, even a k&n panel filter and a decent can will get upto 15+bhp if the right combination is there, now thats not alot to some but if you think the averave 600 sports is about 110bhp standard then thats a good 13% increase for only a couple of hundred quid

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
4.8 secs here :whistling:

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Manix said:
4.8 secs here :whistling:
I could have stopped again in the time it takes you to get to 60.... :tongue:

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
in the wet?? :gayfight: or dont you come out in the wet :woot:

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Manix said:
in the wet?? :gayfight: or dont you come out in the wet :woot:
Yep, I'm a hard bastard, lol! The rain would slow it down a bit but it would have still wasted your shiny motor... :whistling:

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
hmmmm....."oh look its raining and theres a section of tight twisty bends/a roundabout/two roundabouts/twisty bends and a roundabout/twisty bends and a couple of roundabouts......"

Where are you now!!! :gayfight:

You know 'big' bikes love to have a go at the lights, on a dual carriageway, etc, i get it a lot, although i dont know why. Some sort of 1100 suzuki or somthing (so my mate said), a sports type bike, eventually overtook me at 140 odd mph like i was stood still, he must have been doing 170mph+ and this was AFTER i undertook him on a roundabout, as hed been weaving around behind me on an A road before the roundabout and overtook me...it was a little damp. My exhaust was bigger than his and but he had fancier power ranger gear on than me......i got a 'wave' as he came past me, i nearly got out because i thought i was parked up......

·
My name is Steve
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm, Also had a friend who spent loadsa 18grand on a subaru impressive turbo bhp and then spent loadsa money on some bolt on japanese shiney goodies and then spent some more wad on some more big borat exhaustive pipe and then still only managed about 5 seconds 0-60.

They do say you,d have to spend thousands and thousands to get a car to match the speed and acceleration of a fast bike.

Me, i,d take me chances on the bike :gayfight: :} :L

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.