Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fezman
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of hi all.

It's been ages since I've last used this awesome forum. Downgraded from my mondy mk3 estate to a fez mk7 tdci and now finally I'm back in the mondy class.

I've recently purchased a 1.8 tdci mk4 (2008 estate) (92kw) and I was told that it has the chain instead of a belt. Now in all honesty I generally trust people, but not so much when it comes to car dealers.... used car dealers that is.

I have the option of driving it to a mech, but I know that talkford is probably the goto place when it comes to ford :)

Is there a way that I can determine if it actually is a chain and not a belt driven?

The mondy has done just about 115.000 km (thats around 71.500m i guess) and I've heard from a friend who bought a more recent 2.0 tdci that his was belt cam driven. He also stated that the flywheel went sour at about 130.000km (guessing 89000ish m).

Is this a common issue?

Car currently runs like a dream for a standard 1.8 oil burner, no weird noises and it seems responsive in the way an unmodified engine should.

Is there anything you guys would advice me to look for or at to ensure that the cars health is decent? (Already checked engine serial and chassis serial with authorities and the service notes check out for the car so no rewinds on the clocks)

Finally I would just like to say this is still the best forum I've been a member of (/me is looking to see if there's brown stuff on my nose).

Cheers

Der_Slingel aka Legnyls and so on and so forth........

·
Fezman
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. I''ll poke around

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts