Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting the mondeo back together this morning after changing the head gasket and crank pulley seal. When I reconnected the main fuel line to the pump (CAV rotodiesel) I noticed two nipples on it, one is about 2 inches up from the pump and a bubber line connects from here to no. 1 injector the second comes out of the side of the banjo fitting on the pump, I don't remember that being connected to anything and have looked around the engine bay for a loose hose and cant find one. Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Big Megger
451 Posts
sounds like the fuel return hose should be here? im not so sure I know which bit you are on about, but if it connects to a small braided rubber pipe to the injector (then from injector to injector all the way along) there should be a return fuel hose somewhere that sends excess fuel back to the tank, and it will have been connected for the car to run properly.
Simon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.