Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i get one day car insurance from. I want to take a car to a meet this weekend but it wont be insured by the soon to be previous owner so i need to insure it but aint changing my insurance over from my Fezza

Any help greatly appreciated.

jcth1

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks murden but im 21 and wont be covered

jcth1

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
googled a few times and come bk with pretty much what you linked me too.

Gutted, well gutted

jcth1

·
Yo
3,632 Posts
Waht insurance company are you with? Most will give you temp cover on another car in addition to your current policy. I have done that a few times when I was with Churchill, cost about £105 for a few days I think.

G

·
Agree with MR T, speak to your insurance company John and have them add the new motor to your existing policy as a temporary vehicle. Elephant do it for about 30 quid a month for us.

Jeff

·
Spanner Monkey!
2,652 Posts
technically the buying then cancelling within the cooling off period is fraud (obtaining property/goods by deception) if that is how you intend to do it. the best ones are dayinsure.com and speaking to your insurance company to add it as a temporary additional vehicle

·
Registered
387 Posts
glenst24 said:
just buy a new policy,you get a 14 day cooling off period so cancel it the next day and get a refund
Plus if he then has a accident he is stuck with a policy he doesnt need for a year at full price!!! I did it with NU (link above) got fully comp on a renault megane coupe for £10.

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys. Chaucer via HIc arnt much good to me. Will norwhich union accept modified cars?

jcth1

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
I got 1 weeks insurance on my father in laws Focus TDCi Ghia last november. It was so I could pass my test (again) in it. Think it worked out at about 50 quid. Think it was with Zurich.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.