Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used this stuff? i am thinking of getting some for my tddi but want to know what its like before i commit to buying it, cheers fellas and ladies.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
the 10k boost thing was discussed a long time ago now and it was said then that its shit not worth bothering with.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Beg to differ massively!!! It worked a treat on an old Xr2i 16v, and a Honda Prelude V Tech and now my V6 Mondy. Obviously the more in need of a clean your engine is, the better the performance re-gain.

Go for it!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
johnny has a diesel though they tend to get dirty easily but giving them a service and a good rag they tend to clean themselves out.

·
Big Megger
360 Posts
I used the cataclean stuff in my old mk1 v6 a couple of years ago, the emissions went from barely passing the mot to barely registering on the analiser machine. Absolutely gobsmaked i was, haven't used it since, bit wary as it must be some potent stuff.

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so do you think this would be of any benefit on my tddi which has almost 128k on the clock???

·
The never ending project is close to finishing
829 Posts
I used 10k on my 97 TD and what a difference, MPG went nearly 48mpg with a heavy right foot :whistling: and general running was alot better! When you spray it in the white smoke that comes out of your exhaust makes you think you've broke the engine :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
bit like putting redex direct into a carb lol

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
10k boost deffo works if done right.....I have used it on older 16v cars and they loved it....used it on a 3.5 V8 and it didn't really make any difference.....

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right i have got my cataclean, just waiting to get down to 1/4 tank of fuel now, next up, 10k boost.

·
MEG Sergeant
2,146 Posts
yep i used cataclean in both me old and current mondie and i noticed a big difference in the mpg and the throttle responce plus the emmisions hardly registered too.
:L

·
15,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
used the 10k boost now, ive posted about it in another thread, was quite scary seeing all the clouds of white smoke coming out of the exhaust..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts