Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
im on 18"s with g-max 40mm lowering springs

the front tyres are 225/40/18 and they do stick out from the rim slightly and catch the arches sometimes when going over speed ramps and stuff slowly

the rears are more suitable @ 215/40/18 and look miles better fit

anyway im changing the wheels shortly for better ones, again they will be 18"

what is the best profile of tyres to fit on the rims given that the car is lowered

am im i right in assuming 215/40/18 would be best or can you get 205/40/18 tyres?

thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
leet74 said:
im on 18"s with g-max 40mm lowering springs

the front tyres are 225/40/18 and they do stick out from the rim slightly and catch the arches sometimes when going over speed ramps and stuff slowly

the rears are more suitable @ 215/40/18 and look miles better fit

anyway im changing the wheels shortly for better ones, again they will be 18"

what is the best profile of tyres to fit on the rims given that the car is lowered

am im i right in assuming 215/40/18 would be best or can you get 205/40/18 tyres?

thanks in advance ;)
what year\model Mondy m8?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Is the rubbing due to the Width of the tyre or the heightof the tyre? Changing the depth of the tyre from 40mm to 35mm would adjust the diameter of the wheel in total, and you may need to have your speedo re-calibrated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im pretty sure its down to the width of the front ones being 225's. The backs ones are 215 and i can see that they are just inside the wheel arch.

i dont really want any lower profile than 40mm cause i hate all the banging over holes etc - our local roads are a real mess!

G

·
Width shouldnt be a problem as I am running 235's 35 19's on a 200 estate without any problems.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
leet74 said:

thanks in advance ;)
you can get 205 ones yeah but it depends how you corner, to me 205 typres are good for hard cornering but iknow idont corner as hard as some people.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i dont corner at all really - i dont rag my cars anymore im 32 now! - my fast driving days finished when i sold my last 3dr cosworth in 2001!

i tend to just take it easy everwhere i go now

i will see if i can get 205's on the front when i get the new rims, if not i'll go for 215

thanks everyone ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.