Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I am helping my brother in law restoring the above Granada but the gearbox is smashed on it. Does anyone know what gearbox fits this model ? I am sure it’s a MT75 box but I know them made different types of them so I am trying to understand which one I need ? Any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
29,701 Posts

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,007 Posts
it'll be an mt75 box
however, it may have different bits on it compared to the sierra versions as i'm not sure if it's still going to have the speedo from the nsf drive shaft or via the black box on the side of the gearbox
don't buy a 2.0 dohc gearbox either as the front casing and input shafts are wrong for your v6
you need to buy the v6 version
although, depending on what's broken, i've got am almost brand new one in bits sitting in the garage

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it'll be an mt75 box
however, it may have different bits on it compared to the sierra versions as i'm not sure if it's still going to have the speedo from the nsf drive shaft or via the black box on the side of the gearbox
don't buy a 2.0 dohc gearbox either as the front casing and input shafts are wrong for your v6
you need to buy the v6 version
although, depending on what's broken, i've got am almost brand new one in bits sitting in the garage
Hi dojj , thank you for the information , the housing is cracked on the one I have , please see the photos attached.
Head Eye Water Flash photography Road surface
Head Eye Water Flash photography Road surface

Attachments

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,007 Posts
i'll get some pics over the weekend for you
i've got everything bar the front casing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts