Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 S reg Ka2, genuine 33k miles, was my mothers who only drove to the local shops once a week, not driven for 10 years, recently (2016) had full service and much work done, (engine recon, new hubs, brakes, springs) as my son wanted to learn to drive on it, but now at uni in the city he is not interested in the car. Car wont start, seems no fuel to engine, could be pump? Turns fine.

My question is do you think anyone would be interested in it, is it worth spending more on it, or, should I bite the bullet and just send it to scrap?

I am assuming a low mileage machine may be wanted by someone.

I used to be a "Ford Freak", but not had one since my Sierra GSi, favourite Fords, my 2 tone Consul Capri, 2 tone Zodiac, my many many Cprtina Mk1;s and my favourite Cortina Savage!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i think rust would be the deciding factor for me... if there's none, could definitely be worth saving...

normally efi pumps prime on fords at position 2 when you turn the key. It only does it for a second or so so you have to listen to catch it.

·
Mk3 4 LYFE
374 Posts
Low milage is nothing special for a Ka, but rust free ones are getting hard to come by, especially early ones. Sit on it 5 more years and it might be worth something. Prices have pretty much bottomed out now, so can only really go up from here. Even the newest 2008 Kas are getting scrapped for being rotten through now, so a solid '97 is pretty unusual if that is what you have. Even more so in scotland!

If it's rotten though it isn't worth much at all. There are loads of them with patchwork undersides on the roads still. In that case I'd still suggest you get it running just so it is worth a bit more and you can either use it or get rid of it more easily.

Often if a car has sat for a long time then the petrol turns gummy. Could have jammed pump or filter. I'd definitely start with checking the fuel supply. The good news is that it is easy to fix if that is the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts