Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys new to the forum.
I'm currently attempting to run a banger style engine with my 2.0 litre Silvertop zetec.
Can I ask any of the banger boys in here what carb they are running, and the jet sizes that would be used?

May current region allows me to mess around with engines and it doesn't affect tax or insurance.
I know some of the banger teams in UK run 38 DGAS carbs, but this would have very bad economy and suffer from fuel starvation on left hand corners.

Can anyone recommend a carb that can be used on public roads and provide suitable economy as a daily driver.

I have access to Russian built Solex carbs, and some old weber twin choke carbs, both from fords and VW golfs etc.
I just need a carb that's suitable for a FWD and general road use.

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
Not exactly banger money but kits are available. Also checkout kit car manufacturers Caterham style
cars and similar clones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not exactly banger money but kits are available. Also checkout kit car manufacturers Caterham style
cars and similar clones.

Thanks for your help, However DCOE's Throttle bodies and Bike carbs are far too expensive. My salary is 450 GBP per month. (Obviously not in England.)

Are there any single carbs from FWD cars that I can use on my 2.0 Zetec? Given the price, I will weld my own manifold.

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
If you can make your own manifold then almost any carb can be made to fit. I don't know whats available in your country.
Not that many everyday commuting cars running on carbs these days.

Any carb from an engine of similar size would be a start, you can then rejet it to suit your requirements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can make your own manifold then almost any carb can be made to fit. I don't know whats available in your country.
Not that many everyday commuting cars running on carbs these days.

Any carb from an engine of similar size would be a start, you can then rejet it to suit your requirements.
Thats the part where im asking if other people have run a single carb on a 2.0 engine..

Quote -- Can I ask any of the banger boys in here what carb they are running, and the jet sizes that would be used?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts