Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone own a mk4 mondeo ecoboost 2l that has the remap done? any improvements fuel etc. I've been told I can remap from 203bhp to 240+. But I'm concerned what it could do to the rest of the engine/transmission. I know the mk4.5 is 240 bhp. Also has anyone tried to fit the intake from the focus st as they look similar. looking at fitting ram air but air flow is fitted to pipe work on filter not on the pipe its self like the st is thanks.

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,466 Posts
Regarding your concern going to 240 ps, don't be. Nothing mechanical was changed by Ford when the upgrade was done.
If you want s definitive answer speak to well respected Superchips/Bluefin.
Also Google their website and look at what they offer in upgrades. Loads of Ford enthusiasts have used them for years, and still do on the Ecoboost units plus diesels
Wouldn't bother with the intake. Unless you are going to race track it the standard intake is equally as good, if not better than any chav mod

·
Registered
123 Posts
GW
Hi
Few of my friends upgraded from 203 to 270bhp.
The only difference between the two specs (203 and the 240) is diameter of the pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold.
240 is "2.75"

·
8 gears or more please
5,466 Posts

·
Silver Fox
288 Posts
Regarding your concern going to 240 ps, don't be. Nothing mechanical was changed by Ford when the upgrade was done.
If you want s definitive answer speak to well respected Superchips/Bluefin.
Also Google their website and look at what they offer in upgrades. Loads of Ford enthusiasts have used them for years, and still do on the Ecoboost units plus diesels
Wouldn't bother with the intake. Unless you are going to race track it the standard intake is equally as good, if not better than any chav mod
chav mod ? Like it!

·
8 gears or more please
5,466 Posts
Thanks for the update.

I think you are a little "over enthusiastic" about the 270bhp - must have a "very very friendly" rolling road.

However, matter not, it's not all about bhp. unless of course you are in the pub talking to the chavs!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the update.
I think you are a little "over enthusiastic" about the 270bhp - must have a "very very friendly" rolling road.
However, matter not, it's not all about bhp. unless of course you are in the pub talking to the chavs!!!
GW
Hi Trebor, thanks for the reply.
Just for the record, one of the remap results is increasing boost up to1. 3-1.4 bar.
That thing alone, explains bhp increasing from 1.1bar (stock).

·
8 gears or more please
5,466 Posts
Have you had it verified on more than one rolling road.
As I said before, bhp is not everything. It's driveability and all round performance at the right revs that counts.
Also is the engine "running safe" at all times re fueling etc.
Anyone can "screw" the power up.
There is only so much you can safely do to any standard engine before you need more mods to obtain more power and performance.
Anyway, you seem to know best so I will leave it at that and wont be adding any further comments

·
Registered
123 Posts
GW
Hi mate
Everything ok, i love to speak with someone that understands in cars, such as you.
And I'm sure, you understand more than me.
I'm not forcing you to accept my opinion, I'm only put things, as my friends told me.
I forgot to wrote about the torque, it's also increasing to 41 kg/m (from aprox 35), and the put TMC software upgrade to the gearbox, for more quick shifting.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hi

Increase to 270PS sounds high on original injectors if rated for around 200PS but not if same injectors used as on the 240PS engine

Peter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi

Increase to 270PS sounds high on original injectors if rated for around 200PS but not if same injectors used as on the 240PS engine

Peter
GW
Hi
There are the same injectors 203/240ps, the improvement achieved only by software (stage 1).
By the way, all so in VW cars, you can gain 70-80 ps increasing (depending upon engine model) , by software upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
70 - 80 PS upgrade with just a remap and no other upgrades.

Sounds like figures given by someone with some downloaded maps and a laptop.

·
8 gears or more please
5,466 Posts
Please don't encourage him/her guys, he/she just a troller talking the rubbish you get up the pub from the chavs and braggers full of shite

·
Registered
123 Posts
Please don't encourage him/her guys, he/she just a troller talking the rubbish you get up the pub from the chavs and braggers full of shite
GW
Trebor mate, it's not nice, to talk like this to someone you don't know.
Second : it's ok to think like you, but, if someone thinks differently, it's not ok, to mess things like that.
For me, 240ps it's more then enough.
We have, a group of ecoboost owners (mostly, mondeo and smax), one of the smax, have stage 2 300ps, 2 mondeo stage 1 270ps, and another one that sold his mondeo stage 2 with 320ps.
All the other cars, are stock (203-240ps).
That's definitely not pub chit-chat.
P. S: rbitton, it's he....
I'll try to back what i wrote, whit documents.

By the way, it's known that, there are no mechanical differences between 203 to the 240ps engines , so software upgrade, will bring the 240 up to 270ps, why not, from 203 to 270ps?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.