Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I think these are the leak off pipes in the 2.2 Tdci. Does anyone know how to remove them? The green bits look as if they somehow slide back - but I don’t want to force anything.

Cheers - Rob
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
7 Posts
Be very very careful with them as they break in 1 second, similar to 2.0 ones think they pull out 1st to unlock then connection lifts.
I broke 2 and caused eml to come on so be careful and gently try pull out and lift, replace rubber seals after too and use tiny amount of silicone spray to help slide in if needed

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I’ll leave well alone then. I was looking to remove them all so that I could take the section of pipe off to ease access with removing the inlet manifold for glow-plug replacement. I’m now thinking that by lifting this whole pipe assembly upwards (after fuel filter is removed), that the IM can come out from under these pipes? Any comments please? Thanks …..

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can carefully unclip the return hoses from the IM for IM removal.

On the other hand, you can replace the gp's with the IM in place.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let’s see how bold I feel on the day! Hey, I noticed a single thin pipe which runs down over the right hand front of the IM. I’m not exactly sure what it is, I’ll take a closer look tomorrow & perhaps take a pic. Any ideas?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, so I’ve had a look & can report it’s shown in these pics. It’s the one shown with the yellow arrow in the top pic. The lower pic is shown from below and the pipe then bends around and fits into the rubber elbow. The elbow looks as if it will come off easily - so I’m hoping that by removing it I will have enough play in everything to have enough room to remove the IM if needed.

Comments welcomed

Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.