Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, happy new year.2007 Mondeo titanium x 60000 miles
I keep getting the code misfire on cylinder and I can feel it also. It's when I start from cold and after 5 ish miles it goes away in an instant. The engine management light starts to flash, then goes solid, then back to flashing several times and then stays solid even though the misfire has cleared. I have rotated the coils and replaced the plugs but always No.1. I'm wandering if it's a bad joint somewhere as I'm well past reaching temperature before clearing, but I'm clutching at straws. Been trawling through the posts for days to see if anyone else has had the same. Any input will be most appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi I am not sure at all sorry, but just wondering if you have checked the inlet manifold flaps and solenoid as that caused an engine light for me on the 2.0 Duratec and it felt more gruff.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply but as I understand it the flaps were only a problem on much earlier models. I will check the manifold soon just to discount it.
It disappeared for about a week then reappeared. It starts up as if running choked and it seems the Miss fire starts about 1 mile of driving and lasts about 5 miles the engine light is flashing them solid when Miss fire stops. It has now started Miss firing again on the same journey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.