Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have fault code P1571 brake switch but there seems to be 2 brake light switches just to the right of the brake pedal. One is blue and the other black which one should I change? The brake lights work fine but cruise control has stopped working. If anyone got any ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whilst searching here

for mondeo brake switches available

I Found a blue one OEN 3M5Z9F924AA compatible
When searching for the OEN number to see what the part does/is for

Came up with

That may be what you need?

The Black one is OEN 3M5T 13480 AA
Thank you for the information I don’t really know much about cars I know a bit so it looks like the blue switch is for the cruise control so should replace that one.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thank you for the information I don’t really know much about cars I know a bit so it looks like the blue switch is for the cruise control so should replace that one.
I can only say that is what i would do.

Modern car electrical systems are a bit more complicated than i am used to.

Someone else may come up with a better thought.

I just looked at the parts available for the car and found the two switches listed.

But it makes sense

The Switch is "push to close" so if it is stuck closed it would be effectively signaling that you have pushed the pedal

If your brake lights are not permanantley on then it must be that other switch that is cancelling the cruise control

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can only say that is what i would do.

Modern car electrical systems are a bit more complicated than i am used to.

Someone else may come up with a better thought.

I just looked at the parts available for the car and found the two switches listed.

But it makes sense

The Switch is "push to close" so if it is stuck closed it would be effectively signaling that you have pushed the pedal

If your brake lights are not permanantley on then it must be that other switch that is cancelling the cruise control
That’s great thank you for your help I’ll change the blue one and see what happens.

·
Registered
886 Posts
That’s great thank you for your help I’ll change the blue one and see what happens.
If you have the code reader

Why not disconnect the black and blue one to see if the brake lights stop working as a double check?

and see what error codes come up then and when you reconnect it,

(obviously not driving about :~))

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have the code reader

Why not disconnect the black and blue one to see if the brake lights stop working as a double check?

and see what error codes come up then and when you reconnect it,

(obviously not driving about :~))
That’s a good idea I got Forscan I will try it tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi

I believe these switches have to be carefully set when installed to take up clearances In the mechanism. Sometimes a good working switch can benefit from resetting.

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts