Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, 2004 Ford tourneo connect 1.8tdci driven abaut 350k. Ecu (found behind the glove box) the "button" on the outside at the bottom so is it barometric pressure measurement, the code comes from there. The engine runs at 1500 rpm and dies. The plastic pipe coming from the intake manifold to the Map sensor comes like a breath, even if you remove the pipe from the intake manifold you can feel a clear blow, you have to renew the pipe again. Blown intake manifold+intake openings that were completely blocked, turbo leaked oil into intake. Now renewed exhaust manifold + turbo, cleaned intake manifold, checked fuel pressure adjustment from pa pump ok, renewed fuel filter, renewed 2 fuel nozzles (leaking). New map. Multi defective car. It all started with the speed shutdown. The crankshaft sensor, with all the copper wires outside, scratched the flywheel, I looked at that first and replaced it. Now the engine runs at 1500rpm and dies. what else could it be?
Rectangle Gas Auto part Metal Composite material
The black "button" in the middle of the bottom edge is the barometric pressure sensor? or wehere is baro sensor?

·
Super Moderator
31,704 Posts
The pressures are usually obtained from the MAP and MAF sensors.

Dies at 1500rpm could be EGR related or a boost issue, I had a boost pipe pop off whilst towing a caravan
and it would choke itself if you floored the throttle, but keeping the revs down below 1500 and using the gears
it could still reach 70mph but flooring the throttle made it go slower.

Fuel pressure and Boost pressures??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I'll check the fuel pressure and boost pressure with my friend (who has a good program on his laptop) next. Could you advise what barometric pressure means, a fault was also reported about it. Does it mean air pressure at sea level, i.e. 1,013.25 hPa (wikipedia), in addition, the engine needs the right map sensor data to run properly? The map sensor is a new, but old plastic pipe from the intake manifold to the map sensor. When the machine is idling and if I remove the map sensor tube from the intake manifold, I feel a proper blow that the turbocharger is working, after all it is new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts