Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have blanked my EGR of as i had black smoke coming from the exhaust and the engine was not running as it should also replaced the MAF,

the electric actuator is turning and the turbo is not stiff when moved manually by the actuator arm, i still have got the problem of the engine not giving the power output it should give has anyone out there got a sollution to my problem

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Graham. I had the same problem with mine a while since. Lots of black smoke and almost no power. Did seem like a turbo fault. I had a mechanic look at the boost puppies and couldn't find anything. I messed around with the turbo for ages and nothing. Anyway one day I needed to do some work on the egr. Some a light down the side and saw a trace of oil spray. I took the egr to intercooler pie off to find a4 inch split down the side. Priced up and £70 something from Ford or a silicone one from eBay for £35. The silicone one with a life time guarantee not to split.
I did a temp Fix til this one came with loads of gaffa tape and jubilee clips. The second I did it and drove off it was like another car. My advice would definitely be take the pipe off and inspect it fully

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Registered
388 Posts
Isn't corrective text great? That should be boost 'pipes' and 'shone' a light. I think there were some more corrupted words in there too but I'm sure you get the idea

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, Graham,

I too had loss of power like you describe, do what dale suggested as this is a common problem on these cars. When cruise control is active does it feel like the car is surging? Ford quoted me £80 for a hose but you can buy silicone ones off ebay for £30.

Regards

Ham

·
Super Moderator
30,326 Posts
Flashing glowplug light? Engine light?

·
Registered
388 Posts
That's a good point purple. Chances are that if it is a boost leak from egr-intercooler there will be no eml warnings or dtc's

·
Super Moderator
30,326 Posts
Yeah. No warning lights its probably just a split hose. If you have a flashing glowplug light

its in limp mode so you wont have any power.

It will still do 70mph. But you need to use the gears and keep the throttle/revs low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi dale thanks for your feed back it was spot on i had a split in the back of the egr to itercooler hose

i have taped it up for now and ordered one of ebay it looks a bit of a nightmare to get to the bottom

clip but one will do his best as you said a bit pricey at the garage again thanks for info

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah. To be fair I had a bit of an advantage asi put it on ramps at work. Up on able stands and under tray off I'm afraid

·
Registered
19 Posts
i used a Harris hose repair kit from halfords (£5) did a real good job on the repair. This was supposed to be a temp fix until my new hose arrived but the fix was so good i decided to leave it there until it blows again before changing out for the new 1 I ordered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts