Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please , how on earth do I get the original stereo out so I can fit an after-market one in its place . On my old Vectra C 2004 model that setero had 4 little alan keys to undo then the stereo came out . On the Mondeo theres nothing at all it seems like its stuck into the dash . Help...........can you recommend a good make ie is Kenwood or Pioneer any good nowadays or are they all the same in this day and age

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello mate, im new on here but I thought I would sign up to offer my help. I actually work in the Audio deptment for the company that makes the OEM radios (and I used to work in audio for FORD Motor Co. ). You should have a large double din radio (esentually its twice the height of a normal height radio). And I think as yours is a 2005 Model you have a facelift radio, so it will have a long horizontal slot in each corner which you need a tool (well 4 of) that is shaped like a P with a hook bit on the end. Most aftermarket shops can sell these but I can email you a photo of one and you can try making some out of a piece of sheet metal. What unit do you have (should be labeled 5000, 6000, 6006, SONY, etc). Trev.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats good (phew).

Intriged to know why your looking to get rid of it and replace with an aftermarket unit? (Also you will have to buy an adapter loom to fit anything else in there as its a FAKRA connector in your mondeo and most aftermarket radios are still DIN connectors). Trev.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FAKRA now your starting to really confuse me . LOL. The reason for change is that the Ford unit doesnt support a subwoofer , I may be having a mid life crisis as I was thinking of changing it to a clarion then atttaching a sub in the boot . I will then sell on the Ford unit for a reasonable price or put it on Ebay .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yer, sorry, don't get me started on the FAKRA standard. Its another 'Standard' that some of the Car manufacturers choose to use.

Fair enough, if you want to put in a sub you wont find an output on that radio, unless you go to a "voltage line dropper" which will lower the voltage of your speaker levels to that of the input to an amplifier, but thats another topic of discussion. Trev.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting Catalog, thanks, but thats only the RF aerial connector.

The Part im talking about has one 16 pin part (split in to two 8 pin parts), and two 12 pin parts and is a big square block. I have the Ford wiring diagram for this connector if anyone wants it but im not sure if the rules of the forum let me say I can email it to u if you like? Trev.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone I have bought a Pioneer DEH-2820MP . Looks nice just hope it sounds better than the standard Ford one . Anyone ? Is fitting it straight forward or anything I should know before hand

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.