Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here so not sure if I’m in the right place or not. Recently bought a 2010 1.6 tdci focus as a non running vehicle. I couldn’t connect a scanner to the vehicle so was told the cluster could be at fault as it was flashing once then six times and the engine malfunction was displayed.
Sent the cluster to be checked and repaired. Got it back and refitted it and still won’t start. Now says transmission malfunction on the cluster. Still can’t connect a scanner as it ‘failed to connect’. The red light again flashes once then six times (1 6). Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Nick.

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
Moved from General Talk. You will get better help posting in the correct section for your model of vehicle.

Define wont start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moved from General Talk. You will get better help posting in the correct section for your model of vehicle.

Define wont start.
The engine will not crank when the power / start button is pressed. It now displays transmission fault on the cluster display and I still can’t connect with a scanner through the OBD port ( connection failed and linking error ) The red alarm light gives a 1 6 reading.

·
Little Megger
53 Posts
Are you connecting with Forscan? What is the "scanner" that you are using?

Check the basics first - see if you can communicate with the PCM. If you cant, then there could either be a canbus fault or the PCM is buggered.

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,439 Posts
Have a read through my thread from a while back. Different car but same applies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts