Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening chaps.
I have just acquired a Mk4 Mondeo Estate. 2.0 TDCI. It has recently had an MOT with no advisories, but there is a creak when going over speed bumps.

It seems to only do it when going over a full width speed bump covering the whole road. It doesn’t do it as much for a single wheel. More both wheels.

Any common engine mounts or anything?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
Rear antirollbar bushes? Spray them with WD40 and see if that gives a short term cure. When its
really wet does the noise stop or change?

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,439 Posts
As above, dry weather makes them expand and creak. Had it myself on various vehicles including my own mk3 mondeo.

Normally a good squirt of wd-40 or similar will work just fine then have a bounce on the car

·
Registered
2017 Mondeo ST Line X hatchback 2.0 TDCi 180.
660 Posts
As above, dry weather makes them expand and creak. Had it myself on various vehicles including my own mk3 mondeo.

Normally a good squirt of wd-40 or similar will work just fine then have a bounce on the car
silicone spray is a better idea. it does the same job but doesnt help with deteriation of bushes

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
WD40 is only to test to see if thats the issue not a long term fix, they often need replacing if
at the creaking stage.

·
Registered
2017 Mondeo ST Line X hatchback 2.0 TDCi 180.
660 Posts
WD40 is only to test to see if thats the issue not a long term fix, they often need replacing if
at the creaking stage.
on numerous cars over the years, especially when i was working in garages full time, we had creaking bushes during dry weather etc, and we started to use only silicone lube because the creak often was just because the bushes were dry rather than there being any actual wear so we used the silicone to prevent an otherwise good bush degrading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts