Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

Hi I'm new to posting so there's a good chance I'm in the wrong place, sorry, anyhow I have a parking sensor issue.when engaging reverse I get a long beep and that's it. The off button on the dash is permanently lit and does nothing, won't turn off or make any difference. I've had all the sensors out and tested continuity which are coming out around 3.1 ohms, I've cleaned and refitted. I've located the control unit disconnected and reconnected the plugs all seems fine , I just don't know what to do next , thanks for taking the time to read and help ismost welcome, cheers Andy

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
You have me thinking now, pretty sure the parking sensor lights up when its active not when disabled.

Off on the dash, is that the button on the lower section of the dash or do you mean in the speedo area?
Do you have stop/start? Daughters car has that and lights up when off.

You can get an OBDII reader for £20 or less (get one that uses the forscan software/app. Which unit depends
on what devices you have. Android phone you can use WiFi/Bluetooth, Apple devices use WiFi.
Laptop of tablet with USB ports you can get one with a USB cable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning all,

Hi I'm new to posting so there's a good chance I'm in the wrong place, sorry, anyhow I have a parking sensor issue.when engaging reverse I get a long beep and that's it. The off button on the dash is permanently lit and does nothing, won't turn off or make any difference. I've had all the sensors out and tested continuity which are coming out around 3.1 ohms, I've cleaned and refitted. I've located the control unit disconnected and reconnected the plugs all seems fine , I just don't know what to do next , thanks for taking the time to read and help ismost welcome, cheers Andy
[/QUOTE
You have me thinking now, pretty sure the parking sensor lights up when its active not when disabled.

Off on the dash, is that the button on the lower section of the dash or do you mean in the speedo area?
Do you have stop/start? Daughters car has that and lights up when off.

You can get an OBDII reader for £20 or less (get one that uses the forscan software/app. Which unit depends
on what devices you have. Android phone you can use WiFi/Bluetooth, Apple devices use WiFi.
Laptop of tablet with USB ports you can get one with a USB cable.
Afternoon all,

I'm still having issues with the parking assist on my mk4 mondeo, I've tried virtually everything and it's still dead. I hooked it upto forscan and got this, any ideas anyone, cheers
Pattern Rectangle Electric blue Symmetry Parallel
Sleeve Wood Grey Rectangle Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts