Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dog's Taxi
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Mondeo at the end of January this year. I was looking for an estate car in silver with FSH, one owner and low miles and in good condition. I wanted the sport model, but the only ones about where ones with 130k plus miles on and not in silver. I had 10k to spend on the right car.

After looking and going to see different cars, I found one that had been for sale for longer than the dealer would have liked. It ticked all the boxes apart from it was only a Titanium X and not the sport.

It was a 2013/13 2.0 in Silver with 64k and one owner with FSH and priced up a only £7,500 which i think was a bargain.

So I had 2.5k left to spend to make the car my own. I first fitted a set of 19" Ford alloys as the 17s are just to small for a big car like the Mondeo Mk4.5. Got to say i now wish i went for a set of 20s , But who knows what i will get for my 50th this year. next was a NX Sat Nav unit. what a pig it was as i did not know at the time i needed 2 parking sensor speakers as the sony HU used the radio speakers for them. Next was new suspension. So i fitted the sport shocks all round with the ford Eiback lowering spring kit. I then took it to have a 4 wheel alignment on a Hunters system which cost £60.

I wanted the sport model as i liked the look of the Mondeo with the body kit on, and the estate sport looks very sweet. so i started hunting for the parts i needed. I found the front lower lip, rear deffuser and tailgate spoiler secondhand on ebay. But i had to buy the side skirt and rear bumper lower skirts new, the grille's are patten parts from underground parts and are a very good fit. i also bought a pair of headlight wash covers just to add to the real look of the sport. All in all i spent just over the 2.5k, but it would have been alot more if i did not get such a bargain on the new 19s i got. I have got a duel exhaust coming to go on the car, it should have been here friday but it was a no show. So i now have the car i wanted for the price i wanted which i am very very happy with.

So here are some photo's. the first one is of the car when i first got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i also bought a pair of headlight wash covers just to add to the real look of the sport.
Am I the only one who is curious to know whats going to happen at the MOT when the confused tester struggles to get the headlight washers to work :lol:

·
Dog's Taxi
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i also bought a pair of headlight wash covers just to add to the real look of the sport.
Am I the only one who is curious to know whats going to happen at the MOT when the confused tester struggles to get the headlight washers to work :lol:
I will let you know next January :banana2: :lol:

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,466 Posts
Super workmanship and a quality job Martin. You should be proud of that.
And we know, you are still to do more,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.