Ford Automobiles Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Mk3 newbie
4,105 Posts
Awesome! It's taking a while but at least it sounds like it's nearly done.

·
Bloody Mondeo owners..
2,663 Posts
Looks like a right beast of a motor. I'm in the process of acquiring another Cougar which has had a 4x4 conversion (using the Mk1 4x4 running gear) and having test driven it the handling is transformed so I can only imagine what fun that will be to drive with a supercharger!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
just seen the latest update, and by christ that pipework is all over the place lol i bet that took some right precision work to do!

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
nice work going on there,

i noticed that hes also using the GT35 turbo on there, i wonder if its also water/ oiled cooled, he hasnt mentioned about any water plumbings but i think all the gt35s are water/oiled cooled ball bearing turbos so he might need to get the water side hooked up as well, but comming along good

·
Mk3 newbie
4,105 Posts
I've not read as far as the turbo yet but the supercharger setup looked mean and gave good numbers without too much "fuss" (probably a poor word given there were issues lol). Clearly he wants it all perfect and has high standards. I was surprised how much grief the s/c gave them - losing so much boost in the cheap Ebay intercooler, s/c gearbox chatter and MAF issues etc.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
im hoping for an update too

·
1,211 Posts
I've not read as far as the turbo yet but the supercharger setup looked mean and gave good numbers without too much "fuss" (probably a poor word given there were issues lol). Clearly he wants it all perfect and has high standards. I was surprised how much grief the s/c gave them - losing so much boost in the cheap Ebay intercooler, s/c gearbox chatter and MAF issues etc.
+1 , not heard anything for a while....

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
There was a small feature on the car in Practical Performance Car magazine a month or so back, can't really remember much about it though.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I've dropped him an email, hopefully there will be an update

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I can confirm the project is still going on! Progress has been slow due to lack of time and money.

There have been some updated though:
  • Engine just re-installed after being re-built to lower compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 8.6:1, same (previously re-built) fully forged bottom end as before but ended up using copper de-compression plates and ARP head stud kit.
  • Noble M12 AP racing clutch fitted, had to lose the TTV-Racing lightweight DMF-replacement flywheel and use a standard 2.5V6 solid iron flywheel (still lighter than the ST220 DMF).
  • Jaguar X-type sourced MTX75-4x4 transmission fitted.
  • Jaguar X-type sourced transfer box fitted.
  • Currently in the process of adapting the front subframe to re-position the engine roll restrictor link as a result of the 4x4 transmission install.
  • Also currently converting the fuel system from return-less to conventional return system for ease of mapping.
  • Have pretty much given up on re-mapping the Ford EEC-V ECU, now looking to replace with an Emerald K6 aftermarket unit, the Ford ECU will have to be retained as a slave ECU to control the AC, smart-charge alternator and CAN driven intrument cluster. Fair amount of wiring to be done in preparation for this and some jiggery-pokery to keep the Ford ECU happy. Main reason for going with an aftermarket ECU is greater control and the ability to alter the mapping without using a third party.
A full update with photos etc will be coming in the future

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I emailed him some time ago, no updates to report as of yet.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.