Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just testing the water as if I'm honest I've never actually sold anything before especially a set of alloys...
These alloys have been refurbed in the past about 2 years ago and still look good I've also replaced the centre caps with brand new ones costing over £60 the four Landsail tyres all have 6mm of tread and are balanced so a straight fit...I'm not going to put a price on them yet though as I don't reckon they will get much interest, but if they do it won't be a stupid rip off price... Any genuine talk ford regular who does like them will get a genuine bargain..I might even throw in a spare matching alloy to go in the boot....but let's see...
Thanks for looking..
Mac.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the last pic I've tried to show a scratch on the painted part.you can just about see it ...the clear rim isn't marked its just reflecting...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just testing the water as if I'm honest I've never actually sold anything before especially a set of alloys...
These alloys have been refurbed in the past about 2 years ago and still look good I've also replaced the centre caps with brand new ones costing over £60 the four Landsail tyres all have 6mm of tread and are balanced so a straight fit...I'm not going to put a price on them yet though as I don't reckon they will get much interest, but if they do it won't be a stupid rip off price... Any genuine talk ford regular who does like them will get a genuine bargain..I might even throw in a spare matching alloy to go in the boot....but let's see...
Thanks for looking..
Mac.
Hi Mac,

I was waiting patiently for you to put on the alloys for sale, hence I saw that you've installed the TitX alloys :)

I'd be interested in buying them if we can agree on the price. I intend to replace my rusty 16" steels at some point in the near future and I had my eyes on the Ghia X alloy.

I'm thinking somewhere around the £200 mark. Let me know if it's close to what you had in mind. The only slight problem is that I'd need them in January as the budget is a bit tight with the holidays just around the corner.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't expect anyone to shell out on alloys at xmass and new year...its more like something you do when the nice weather comes in...and I'm undecided on the 18's I've just fitted,if it starts to snow I will probably pop the 17's back on as that size tyre works better on snow and slush 205 width against 225.
I'm also waiting to find out if anyone on the forum with a mk3 with 18 in alloys and instead of the usual size tyre which is 225 40 zr 18 do they happen to run 225 45 zr 18 wondering whether this slightly larger ratio would cause any problems or issue's, I know I'm not going wider than 225 as the rear struts are very very close to the sidewall of the tyres like skinny finger gap...really skinny finger gap 6 or 7 mm at best.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wouldn't expect anyone to shell out on alloys at xmass and new year...its more like something you do when the nice weather comes in...and I'm undecided on the 18's I've just fitted,if it starts to snow I will probably pop the 17's back on as that size tyre works better on snow and slush 205 width against 225.
I'm also waiting to find out if anyone on the forum with a mk3 with 18 in alloys and instead of the usual size tyre which is 225 40 zr 18 do they happen to run 225 45 zr 18 wondering whether this slightly larger ratio would cause any problems or issue's, I know I'm not going wider than 225 as the rear struts are very very close to the sidewall of the tyres like skinny finger gap...really skinny finger gap 6 or 7 mm at best.
No worries :) Let me know if you decide to sell them, chances are that I'll still be interested :)

·
Super Moderator
29,809 Posts
What size are the rims/tyres? location? Got an idea on the price?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Purple...and sorry about the late reply mate...the alloys are 17 inch 7 spoke facelift with 205 50 zr 17 tyres that have covered about one and a half thousand miles so about 6.5 mm of tread although one has more as its newer and only covered about 500 miles....
PS...I'm in Cheshire...

·
Little Megger
12 Posts
Are these still for sale?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.