Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 speed wiper stalk is on ebay.

Someone emailed me asking if it comes with the control box.

What is this? What does it look like?

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
it does not need one, the wiper stalk just sends a different signal for each setting to the normal wiper control box and the wiper control box does all the work from there.

a normal wiper stalk just sends the signal for setting 3 i believe.

i just needed a 6-speed wiper on my mk1 and it worked fine. :L

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
Doesn't need one m8.

It's just a straight replacement for the old stalk as long as its for the same model saloon or hatch. All the elec bits are in the stalk itself. :L

I bought a 6 speed one off ebay then found out it was a hatch but was lucky and swapped it for a saloon one on here :L

·
Banned
341 Posts
the Wipers are Controled by the CTU (central Timer unit) on the bottom of the fuse box which is the same on all Mk1s and 2s :L this is the little box that controls all the gubbins like heated front and rear windows (10 mins then switch off) interior lights and the plesent "bong" noise you get when you leave your lights on and open the drivers door

so no additional Control boxes needed his car is already equiped

·
Registered
30 Posts
at the risk of repeating what everyone else has said, i can also confirm that all you need is the stalk. i performed this upgrade to my lx on the weekend and all is fine. :L
leccy sunroof next... :D

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Did mine a few weeks back. Can't believe how easy it is to do! Works well too, I'm suprised more manufacturers don't fit them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts