Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, I have a 06 Mk3 Zetec fitted with the standard 6000CD Head unit which works fine until I switch on the heated rear screen. Once the screen is on the radio reception is really bad, I reckon it's a bad earth somewhere on the screen. No problems when using the front screen !

Any Ideas ? the current soloution is to play a CD until the screen clears, I could take the car back to the main stealer but it would probably take months to resolve...

·
It was 49.95
10,123 Posts
id take it back to the dealer under warnatee anyway mate, because at least they will replcae things rather than what we do, which would be find a solution and comprimise. It could be a bad earth on teh head unit, which if you wanted to do it, pull it out, find the earth and give it a new one. and your original suspision sounds right with a bad earth on the rear screen circuit, as said take it back get em to check it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mate,

It's started running badly at 1800 RPM (suspect sticky EGR...) again so it looks like its heading back to the dealer (again) so the radio will be another problem that they will probably fail to fix :sad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.